My video isn't working on skype call

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

My video isn't working on skype call

Hey, when I call someone, I can see them, but when I click my video button, it loads but never comes on.  I'm using the 5.3 version.  I thought it was my webcam, but it works on PhotoBooth and other programs, just not on skype.  Please help.

shraddp
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 77
Message 1 of 50 (137,790 Views)

Re: My video isn't working on skype call

I'm having the exact same problem. I wish someone from skype with a clue would chime in

kiwimama
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 14
Message 2 of 50 (137,774 Views)

I have the same problem but only for the last 3 weeks before that all was good hope their is an easy fix
glenmurra
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 12
Message 3 of 50 (137,761 Views)

Try updating to 5.4 beta, that's got a number of video fixes in it. http://www.skype.com/go/download-beta

/Krish
KrishnaP
Staff
Staff icon
Kudos: 6
Message 4 of 50 (137,713 Views)

same thing happens whether i use 5.3 or 5.4

shraddp
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 77
Message 5 of 50 (137,627 Views)

Same happened to me last night.  It was working fine, and then suddenly in the middle of our call last night, our picture froze (other person's video continued to work fine).  We ended the call, and tried several more times, but in all cases, my video wouldn't load (my screen remained black) while other side's worked fine.  Also couldn't get my video to load in Skype Video Options.  If I close Skype, my cam works fine in the camera's built in program.  Tried clearing Skype's load on start option and restarting my computer to release the drivers.  Then this morning tried playing with different resolution settings on my camera. Lowered it to 320*240, and then reopened Skype and my video showed up in my options.  But then I tried to reproduce (increased resolution, Skype couldn't show my video.  Lowered the resolution back down, but still can't see my video again). 

I'm on Skype 5.5.0.124, Win7 -64 bit using MSFT Lifecam HD-3000. 

Skype support people: PLEASE HELP!

jackieros1
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 8
Message 6 of 50 (137,538 Views)

When we call on skype we can see the person we are calling but they can't see us.

What do we need to set up for them to see us.

cherylschmidt
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 25
Message 7 of 50 (137,479 Views)

I've had a similar problem. When making or recieving a video call I can hear the other party and they can see me but I can not see them or see myself (the screen is black).

After experimenting a bit I've found that when I switch to full-screen mode the video kicks in. Even stranger is that if I toggle back to window mode, the video continues to work as it should (no more black screen). Anyone have an idea why?

iMac 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo running Skype v5.3.0.1093

dk_singapore
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 6
Message 8 of 50 (137,384 Views)

I am experiencing several video out problems on my Mac OS X Version 10.6.8.

I can make and receive voice calls without issue, but when receiving or sending a video call I need to undo the video camera else my Skype will always crash. I am using the built in Camera and I have no issues with the camera in other applications like I-Chat....So, I can see and hear all calls, but my video must now be off or the entire skype crashes and logs out. This has been happening for 6 months now and every post or thread I have read doesn't seem to address my issue. At first I thought it was the internet connection, but our other Mac which is older doesn't have this problem and works fine. I have tried to reinstall Skype several times, but the same problem returns...HELP PLease.........!

entertainmentsp
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 9 of 50 (137,378 Views)

Until now, I did not have any problems with Skype. After updating to version 5.3, my video and screen share do not work. I can't show my video (the other end could not see my video) nor see anybody else's video; the "show my video" and "share screen" buttons were grayed out. I tried updating to beta 5.4, but that did not fix the problem.

I am running Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard).

Would appreciate if an admin would reply to this; many users seem to have this problem.

Thank you,
ashankar365

ashankar365
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 10 of 50 (137,139 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling