My Messenger-contacts are gone!

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

My Messenger-contacts are gone!

Hi, I just merged my Skype-account with my MSN Messenger one. I use Mountain lion.

First I logged in with my Messenger login, and found both skype and messenger contacts. Talked a bit there. Then I logged out, and the next time I logged in with my Skype login. Then only the Skype contacts were there! Logged out and logged in with my messenger login again. Still only skype! When I click at contacts only skype are there, the messenger ones (some only found via the skype home) show as offline.

How do I import my messenger contacts? :surprised:

danielwerner86
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 9
Message 1 of 8 (1,200 Views)

Re: My Messenger-contacts are gone!

I am having the same problem.

0 Kudos
miketh2005
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 8 (1,069 Views)

I have the same problem. If I knew that, I wouldnt have merged my contacts. So stupid.
0 Kudos
kacheekart
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 8 (1,039 Views)

I merged weeks ago and had no problem until yesterday. My msn contacts are gone, on Skype and on MSN. They are still in my contacts of my live.nl email.

Please take care of it.

0 Kudos
Pipps
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 8 (1,032 Views)

same thing happened to me and i'm using win7 !!!!!

0 Kudos
sophieroushdy
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 8 (971 Views)

I'm having the same problem and nobody can see me as being online. Also I can send messages and they receive them but they can't reply to messages. Are Skype/MSN doing anything about this?

0 Kudos
J5H2K
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 8 (926 Views)

I have the same problem and I don't have answer................HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

0 Kudos
gnoemi34
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 8 (847 Views)

try adding the contacts back manually... at least the ones you chat with... same thing happened with me and i added ppl back manually and it worked

0 Kudos
sophieroushdy
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 8 (831 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling