Multiple accounts on one e-mail?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Multiple accounts on one e-mail?

Hello everybody,

I am using 5.7.0.1.1037 on Mac and I am finding that I might have multiple accounts associated with the one email address I use on skype. Is this normal? How do I go about consolidating all my accounts into one unified account?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

AJ.

AJSyed
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 6 (11,279 Views)

Re: Multiple accounts on one e-mail?

Hi,

Yes it is possible to register many accounts with one e-mail address. Unfortunately it is not possible to merge the accouns into one.

-----
If answer was helpful please give Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution for other users. Thanks!
Mart
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 210
Message 2 of 6 (11,261 Views)

Skype wont allow you to merge your accounts, but you can import all the contacts from one account to the other by just exporting the contacts list and importing it to which ever skype account you feel like.

To backup the contacts list, Goto: Contacts -> Advanced -> Backup Contacts to File

To restore the contacts list, Goto: Contacts -> Advanced -> Restore Contacts from File

Hope this helps..

shiroy
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 6 (11,188 Views)

This works for Windows.  It is not an option for the Mac version of Skype.

--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
0 Kudos
mkichaa
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 343
Message 4 of 6 (11,180 Views)

This is big bug!!!!

I have create two ID link to one email. I have put money in first ID. Now I forget the first ID and when I try to get the password back by the email, it tells me I have not registered with the first ID, only give me the late ID and password. The first Skype ID is a orphan now. and I have no way to use the money on it.

mzhuo2931
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 5 of 6 (11,016 Views)

Same problem here, forgot first ID pw but can't reset it because the email is associated also to the second ID.
0 Kudos
maral1234
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 6 (10,808 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling