Re: Lion upgrade breaks sound quality

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Same here: Logitch USB headset, but even worse for me as on my new MBP, people can't hear me at all.

Time again for a concerted evaluation of Skype alternatives.  So tired of this **bleep** from Skype.

0 Kudos
brizone
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 29
Message 41 of 57 (1,023 Views)

More info from https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2166616?start=75&tstart=0

PLEASE TAKE 20 MINUTES TO SUBMIT A BUG REPORT USING THE LINK BELOW

Hello everyone,

I have some answers (not solutions) for this issue and a response from Apple's engineers regarding the issue.

After extensive testing, recording the audible issue, sending system captures to Apple and working with Tier 2 support - I've finally recieved a response that they are acknowledging there is a software problem within OS X. They initially told me this was likely hardware issue or third party problem but finally concluded they needed to fix Apple drivers.

HOWEVER - there is currently no timeline for this fix. In order to show Apple how important this problem is to us all there are 2 things you can do (please do BOTH):

1) Submit a bug report here: https://bugreport.apple.com

- be very detailed!

- the more bugs apple gets regarding this issue the higher they will prioritize a fix.

- Apple DOES NOT monitor these forums and will not accept your complaining here as official report.

2) Call Applecare (if you have coverage) and report the issue.

- Offer to send them a system capture (a small tool they will send to capture your system details etc.)

- tell them about the many discussion on thier offical forums where they can get more info

- offer to assist them in any way possible to have this problem further identified and fixed

Doing these things will help fix the issue faster. Please take 10-20 minutes of your day to do these things!

I can confirm that the issue hapenns on ANY Mac post-10.5.7 with virtually ANY (7 different brands tested) third party USB microphone.

I hope you will all take quick action and help apple solve this annoying problem.

Thanks and goodluck!

brizone
Reliable Adventurer
Message 42 of 57 (1,015 Views)

Have we got two seperate issues here; one for bluetooth (wireless) headsets and one for USB (wired) headsets?

On my wireless headset, all other apps work fine with audio, whether outgoing (headphones) or incoming (microphone).

It's only skype that doesn't do outgoing audio properly.

0 Kudos
mr_p
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 43 of 57 (1,000 Views)

No, the issue is universal: no outbound audio for either hardwired or wireless devices.

0 Kudos
brizone
Reliable Adventurer
Message 44 of 57 (948 Views)

Any update on a fix yet?
0 Kudos
Xenoserv
Novel Adventurer
Message 45 of 57 (859 Views)

Very poor that a 3 party call cannot be initiated.  When will this be fixed?

0 Kudos
skyper123
Novel Tourist
Message 46 of 57 (836 Views)

Same problem with Dell BH-200

since MacBookAir i7 works with Lion and no more with SnowLeopard

with 10.6.x newer had problems !!!

Skype support:

Please look with Apple for a solution !!!

0 Kudos
qphilou
Novel Tourist
Message 47 of 57 (817 Views)

Setagana, that's a lie,

2 months later and there is still no fix!!! You guys always say 'working on it' but nothing ever happens
0 Kudos
rvantwisk
Casual Adventurer
Message 48 of 57 (801 Views)

Wish I had found this thread earlier this week -  I have purchased and RMA'd two different Bluetooth headsets - they worked beautifully with iTubes. The only issue was with incoming voice on Skype - choppy and clipped so as to be unusable.  Running OSX 10.7.3 and Skype 5.3.0.1093.

0 Kudos
JohnnyQantas
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 49 of 57 (644 Views)

Now holding my breath because it looks like the latest update has fixed it.... 5.6.0.203

Fingers crossed!

0 Kudos
mr_p
Casual Adventurer
Message 50 of 57 (462 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling