Re: Is UI fixed?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Is UI fixed?

Hi, I'm still using Skype v2.8. When I saw what the next big Skype version had in store for a UI I immediately knew I am not going to upgrade to that. I absolutely do not want a huge window filling my screen like that.

Anyway. I just came to check the main site again to see if maybe something was changed. (I know a lot of people complained.) Then I saw this:

www.skypeassets . com/content/dam/skype/images/site/features/instant-messaging-main-hero.jpg

(@site admin: please do not put a crappy message preventing me from posting links like the above, thanks)

An image from a "features" page here: www.skype . com/intl/en/features/allfeatures/instant-messaging/

(@admin: why does the parser not like that URL? it's SKYPE.COM, really..)

So am wondering if that is a non-up-to-date graphic or if the UI was changed back to the good way?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
coffee
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (286 Views)

Re: Is UI fixed?

Nope, the UI in skype 5.x is just as bad as ever.  

It seems the people at skype are playing ostrich and sticking their heads in the sand on this.

NOBODY likes this new interface. It is large, cumbersome, and difficult to use.  

v5.x needs to be discontinued, and the v2.8 series should be fixed for lion and maintained.

Beware, video on v2.8 does not seem to work in Lion.  If you need skype 2.8, do not upgrade to lion. 

0 Kudos
wildph
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 15
Message 2 of 2 (140 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling