Immigration proof of relationship

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Immigration proof of relationship

Hi, 

I'm trying to get proof of our relationship by using the skype history for our immigration docs. Is there a way of downloading our skype to skype call log and chat so we can print it?

Thank you

matthewjbrewer
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 9 (2,023 Views)

Re: Immigration proof of relationship

In your own special way, I think you are about to write internet-history now.

I will help if I can

Let me do a little research on this one.

0 Kudos
skakskype
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 63
Message 2 of 9 (2,014 Views)

Hi again matthewjbrewer

I have been in the deep dungeons of Skype. The informations are there, they look crappy but definitely authentic.

The folder we are targeting now is the chatsyn folder. In the Skype chat we also get notification on the calls that we make. So chat and calls should be on the same piece of 'paper' - in the same log. Right?

Take a look in  -

Users [your] name > Library > Application Support > Skype > [your] skypename > chatsync

First I suggest that you make a backup of the Skype folder before poking around in there. The simpel way is to click the folder and presse cmd-D (dublicate) and the use the dublicate for your investigation.

Back to the target:

In the folder 'chatsync' is the history of all your chats. 

As I mentioned; it looks crappy.

Now we are miles away from the nice Mac Graphical User Interface.

But if you can master the patience, the informations should be there.

When/if you find the informations you are looking for, I suggest not making any edit to it. If needed, later on the print can be matched to the corresponding file in your computer. 

I wish you good luck!

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!

skakskype
Esteemed Adventurer
Message 3 of 9 (2,011 Views)

Thanks for the help, but there doesn't seem to be a Skype folder under Application Support. I Looked under Mac HD>library, as there wasn't a library folder for my user account even though I'm the admin on the comp.  

Thank you anyway for your time.

0 Kudos
matthewjbrewer
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 9 (1,998 Views)

Oh yes, that's tricky.

OSX can have a number of libraries.

One for the Machintosh HD and one for each user.

Often there's just one user.

You started at Macintosh HD, instead you shall start in Users [your name]

When you follow the path now, you will go directly to the Skype folder.

Good luck!   :(y):

If this answer was helpful, please mark it with Kudos.   

If the issue is resolved, please mark it with solution

This will help other users find this answer more easily. 

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
skakskype
Esteemed Adventurer
Message 5 of 9 (1,994 Views)

Hi! I have the same ordeal as matthewjbrewer and I would really appreciate if you can enlighten me with downloading and printing our call and chat logs. Windows 7 is my computer's OS. I'm really looking forward to your response.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
emjae_62003
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 9 (1,852 Views)

Hello emjae_62003 I would love to help you but Windows is out of my league. What we did on matthewjbrewer's Mac, was going into the Systemfolder and picking up the informations from the sys/log/skype-folder. Since I have no Windows-PC in front of me, I'm afraid that I can not guide you to the similar folder on your PC. Instead I will suggest that you go to http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/bd-p/Windows and make your post there. I am sure the guys over there will be able to guide you into the sys/log/skype. Good luck!
0 Kudos
skakskype
Esteemed Adventurer
Message 7 of 9 (1,845 Views)

The other solution used by a friend in exactly the same situation is a bit laborious, but does give useful info.  Granted this was done in the far more user friendly version 2.8, but hopefully Skype 5xxx & 6xxx has not mangled the interface too much for you to do this.

Select a contact in the contact list, click on the call menu, which includes "View call list".  Clicking on a call shows more detail such as time, duration as well as the call destination.  If you hold the Mac key, then you can open more than one at once.  The solution to create a call history is to take a screen shot (Apple/command key plus Shift key plus 4 [3 gives full screen] converts mouse to cross hairs, drag from one corner to opposite corner of area to copy, release, appears as .png on desktop, opens as photo in Preview) of each call or group of calls.  Then add these pngs to a word processing document to create a printable list, would suggest Open Office, or Neo Office the Free/Open Source office application, my experience of MS Word is that when you have too many (4 or 5?) photos in a Word document, it throws your formatting away and places the photos at random in the document... :sad:

This worked for my friend, but do make sure you have photos of the two of you together!

peterchdad2kkec
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 71
Message 8 of 9 (1,834 Views)

Did you have any luck with this issue for Windows 7?  I am trying to achive the same thing, I found http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/skype_log_view.html to do the job in a very crude way.  I my self think some one inspecting the application might think it was a fradulent attempt. 

cheers

Tom

0 Kudos
Tomski.
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 9 of 9 (1,023 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling