I can see them but i can't see me

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

I can see them but i can't see me

I'm going make this short 

I have a MBP 10 months old running SL and latest version of skype

My brother and i were going to video chat (he has a MBP 3 years old.

I have not been able to video chat at all, and i know it's not me not knowing what to do.

1st image is from the preference pane in skype using Facetime, as you can see it does not work the camera light on my MBP does not even come on.

Facetime works fine with other apps.

Facetime.jpg

The second image is if i select isight, now i get a green screen but the green camera light on my MBP comes on.

isight.jpg

My brother and i spent over half an hour but no go!

I can see and hear him, he can hear me but no video.

What's wrong? i even created a new login but the same thing no video, i even tried different versions of skype!

I'm stumped

If someone is having the same problem i could not find any info that helped

Thanks

0 Kudos
sknoxx8
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (5,584 Views)

Re: I can see them but i can't see me

Skype video doesn't work if Facetime, iChat or Photobooth are running. You have to close them all, as well as Skype. Restart Skype and you should have your video back.

0 Kudos
rwakeford
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 156
Message 2 of 5 (5,579 Views)

Thanks reakeford for the info but i have done what you said but still dosn't work

But if i use OS Lion no problem worked 1st time and still does, but why not SL.

Iv'e tried creating a new user 3 to be exact, but it does the same exact thing as my first post.

Why?

sknoxx8

0 Kudos
sknoxx8
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (5,567 Views)

I have the same problem all the applications that use my camera are working fine, but skype.  I see them they don't see me. Previous skype (5.0) was working, that means it is not the camera.  System is ML on MacPro.

0 Kudos
Nando
Casual Tourist
Message 4 of 5 (4,866 Views)

did you get a successful response on this ...still stumped :sad:

0 Kudos
hbelcastro
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 5 (3,074 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling