How to sign out so I can log in with different acc...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

How to sign out so I can log in with different account?

Hi,

I'm using a Mac for the first time and accidentally signed in with an old Skype account. I'm trying to figure out how to sign out, but Skype does an auto login and I can't find anywhere a logout option so I can re-log in with my current account. Tried deleting Skype from my computer and re-downloading, but it still did the auto sign-in with my old account. Can anyone please help me?

Thanks very much!

Derya

Skype-User
Super Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

I think it's something like File >> Sign Out in mac

View solution in original post
DeryaRose
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 1 of 7 (100,828 Views)

Re: How to sign out so I can log in with different account?

I'm a Windows kind of guy.  I moved your post to the Mac forum for a better chance of an answer specific to the Mac UI.  In the mean time, I'll mention how you'd do what you want to do in the Windows version which may or may not be the same.

In the Windows version, you'd click on Skype > Sign out.  That would bring up a signin window where you can enter the correct Skype name and password and sign back in.

If that's not how it works on a Mac, I hope someone else will chime in with the correct answer. 

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 940
Message 2 of 7 (100,574 Views)

Thanks for your response and for moving my post to the Mac forum. Alas I don't see the same Skype click-down option as I did in the Windows version, hence my confusion... there are very few buttons to select on the Mac version it seems. Appreciate the help anyway!

Anyone else have a tip on how I can get around this?

0 Kudos
DeryaRose
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 7 (100,571 Views)

I think it's something like File >> Sign Out in mac

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!

ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES

Skype-User
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 503
Message 4 of 7 (100,569 Views)

My goodness... I totally ignored the File dropdown at the top of my screen.. was concentrating just on the Skype box itself. Solved! Thanks so much.

0 Kudos
DeryaRose
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 7 (100,567 Views)

Hi , on the Mac skype when you have your Skype window open you go up to the top bar at the very top of your computer screen where it says file, edit view etc.. if you click file at the bottom it says sign out and you just click that! Hope it helps! 

0 Kudos
liget_24
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 7 (92,511 Views)

Simply log out to your Skype account 

On the top pop-down menu go to skype menu and sign out menu is the second last menu.

shaheryarsaleem
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 7 of 7 (90,457 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling