How to remove history or clear all history content...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

How to remove history or clear all history contents?

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I've just installed 5.3 and the UI has changed. On the left side, there is a 'tab' for contacts, recent and history. I would like to clear the history 'tab'.

Can anyone please advise me on how to clear all the contact chats in the history 'tab' ?

Thank you

Harry

HarryEnglish
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 7 (16,961 Views)

Re: How to remove history or clear all history contents?

0 Kudos
mincepie1
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 7 (16,778 Views)

how do i clear my history tab
0 Kudos
ujuwonders
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 7 (16,751 Views)

Login Skype (mac). Go to Preferences under Skype tab, Privacy tab, select "Never" on "Save conversation history" or choose Delete History tab.

0 Kudos
waldemirochapa
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 7 (16,645 Views)

on Skype menu, tools, option, select. Then select Privacy settings at left. You have "keep history for". Press "clear history" button. If you want, select also the "no history" in the drop box.

sexyspike
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 7 (15,427 Views)

Macs don't have 'tools.'  You'll find the Privacy settings under Skype's Preferences.

--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
0 Kudos
mkichaa
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 341
Message 6 of 7 (15,420 Views)

Does Microsotf dev team plan to add this functionality? This question has new meaning in connection with Snowden...

How to remove messages from Skype server? Not from application. (When you remove messages from application than reinstall it or connect from another device you can see all deleted messages)

0 Kudos
Ellek
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 7 (6,195 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling