How to Switch between 2 webcams during a call?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

How to Switch between 2 webcams during a call?

Hi,

I would like to be able to switch between 2 web cams during a call.  I know there's CamCamX out there but unfortunately, it seems that one of the web cams has to be an iSight (integrated Web Cam). Since I have a Mac Pro, I don't have any integrated webcams. I have two external HD ones.

Is there a software or solution out there that would allow me to switch between 2 webcams in Skype?

Thanks

Andre

0 Kudos
expressiononlin
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (1,858 Views)

Re: How to Switch between 2 webcams during a call?

Anyone has an idea?
0 Kudos
expressiononlin
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 4 (1,803 Views)

Have you tried CamTwist?

0 Kudos
seecraig
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 9
Message 3 of 4 (1,793 Views)

Hi,

Skype for Mac does not have a support for switching from one web camera to another during a video call. Skype will always use the "default" web camera. 

We cannot guarantee that third party software like CamTwist works with Skype. 

-----
If answer was helpful please give Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution for other users. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Mart
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 211
Message 4 of 4 (1,787 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling