How do you take a picture of the person you're vid...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

How do you take a picture of the person you're video chatting with?

On my old computer & Skype you could just click on the + and then there would be the Take a Picture option.. Now once I downloaded Skype on my Mac, I clicked on the + and there is no Take a Picture option! Is there any way I can take a picture of the people I'm calling with Skype on my Mac?

0 Kudos
w_p
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (446 Views)

Re: How do you take a picture of the person you're video chatting with?

Use the OSX trick: CMD-SHIFT-3 will allow you to select the portion of the screen by dragging across it.  When you release the mouse button, you will have your snapshot.

--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
0 Kudos
mkichaa
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 354
Message 2 of 3 (442 Views)

Re: How do you take a picture of the person you're video chatting with?

Ooops...

CMD-SHIFT-3 captures the entire screen as a jpeg, saved as picture(number) on the desktop..

CMD-SHIFT-4 converts the mouse into cross hairs so you can drag from one corner to opposite corner of the area you want a picture of, release mouse & picture saved to desktop.

Having saved the entire desktop, or picture, you can open in Preview and crop by selecting the area you want to keep, then crop is on the tools menu...

0 Kudos
peterchdad2kkec
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 75
Message 3 of 3 (432 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling