How do I view my cam's video larger during a call ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

How do I view my cam's video larger during a call ?

Using Skype 5.7.0.1037 on mac min with Lion. I used to be able to drag my video window and make it larger but now it's small and seems to be without any means of adjustment.

texhib
Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 1 of 4 (18,461 Views)

Re: How do I view my cam's video larger during a call ?

I just updated to the newest version of Skype on my mac too and I noticed this problem which is incredibly annoying because I've been able to resize my own pip window to the size I wanted using whatever older version I had before. I've also been able to position my own pip window wherever I wanted. In the new version it only stays in the upper left corner. I DO NOT LIKE THIS ONE LITTLE BIT!!! PLEASE PLEASE FIX IT ASAP! Thank you.
kkkrisztinar
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 7
Message 2 of 4 (18,343 Views)

Clicking on your picture-in-picture once will toggle it between small and very tiny.  If it's already very tiny clicking once will toggle it to small.

There's no other way to adjust the size of the PIP in the current version.  This is a bug (or maybe a bug by design).  There's a topic about it on the Skype developers' Jira forum.  Feel free to add a comment there is you want to:  https://jira.skype.com/browse/SCM-958

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 940
Message 3 of 4 (18,337 Views)

I'm also having this problem, in Skype 6.6.0.106 for Windows. My picture of myself is so tiny I can barely see it, let alone tell whether I have the camera pointed at what I'm trying to show my contacts. Does anyone know whether there are any plans to fix this, and in what version?

0 Kudos
lauraeve
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 4 (9,098 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling