Edit Contact

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Edit Contact

How can I edit the contact information, e.g.. tel.,#? It used to be very easy. I just right-click on the contact, go to the edit menu and change it there. Nor is there a contact edit menu nor, is there any other apparent way to change the contact information.

vanska81
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 22
Message 1 of 36 (4,854 Views)

Re: Edit Contact

Why is it that when they upgrade things it changes simple tasks into impossible tasks..... if something is user friendly then leave it alone i.e. the editing of a contacts phone numbers etc.!!
roysmith2
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 9
Message 2 of 36 (4,615 Views)

It is possible to easily change add extra phone numbers and the name of the contact which is visible to you. All you have to do is open their profile page (rightclick on contact>show profile) and click the blue 'add number' text. However, phone number and contact name are the only things that can be edited. Email, Skype ID, Location, Time, and other details cannot be edited. 

ozzyk
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 3 of 36 (4,587 Views)

I would say that it is difficult. I can not find anyway how to remove telphone number. can anyone
weta14
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 4 of 36 (4,560 Views)

Hi,

You might try to do it from AddressBook.

Maybe...

Hth

On ne regarde pas l'avenir dans un rétroviseur ! :wink:
IMac Intel Core i3 3.2 GHz - RAM 12 GB - OS 10.10.1
Skype 7.2.412
Logitech usb headset or Jabra 250 bt
0 Kudos
Foyan
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1276
Message 5 of 36 (4,551 Views)

I think I will put forward the question again: How shall I edit a contact I already have in my address list? Example - I want to change or delete a phone number -how to do this? Someone that is responsible for Skype should be able to answer here - right.

Kleivaasen

kleivaasen
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 36 (4,510 Views)

kleivaasen wrote:

I think I will put forward the question again: How shall I edit a contact I already have in my address list? Example - I want to change or delete a phone number -how to do this? Someone that is responsible for Skype should be able to answer here - right.

Kleivaasen

If the contact information has come from a contact to whom you've sent a request I don't think you can. The information is from their own Skype profile. If you're talking about your Mac address book (assuming you've selected Show Address Book Contacts in Preferences, you just edit it as any other address.

0 Kudos
rwakeford
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 162
Message 7 of 36 (4,503 Views)

Sorry - I am afraid I got in a wrong group since I have PC, not MAC. But perhaps the case is same anyway. I have never imported any contacts from any source like Outlook or like. I have used Skype to put in contact information directly (or imported Skype contact)

kleivaasen
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 36 (4,494 Views)

Delete your contact and create a new one.  Remember to write down the information you want to save.  Also there is no mechanism for recording more than ONE phone number.  Ain't it great? :cool:

m4thRight
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 9 of 36 (4,304 Views)

YOUR answer is great! :happy: Next time I have trouble with Skype, maybe I shall look in my old DOS-manual for a tip.

kleivaasen
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 36 (4,293 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling