Delete contacts

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Re: Delete contacts

what you do is select the contact you want to delete than press the delete key or go to edit in the toolbar and choose delete
0 Kudos
Lily_G
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 51 of 57 (2,747 Views)

I found out how to do it, on a Mac. All you do is click their name once in the contacts list (their name should now be highlighted in blue), then press "delete" on your keyboard (above "enter"). A box will appear and ask you if you are "sure you want to remove _______ from your contact list?" Click "Remove" and voila, they're gone.

0 Kudos
mondrejack
Novel Tourist
Message 52 of 57 (2,729 Views)

You need to delete from the Address Book column (to the right), not from the Contacts list from the left. The contact you want to delete may need to be offline before you can remove them. Then you need only to highlight the contact on the right, and press either the delete/backspace key, right shift & "delete contact".
0 Kudos
valwatty
Novel Tourist
Message 53 of 57 (2,717 Views)

I have tried all the methods suggested, but none work.  When I hit the delete I just get a plonk sound.  Surely this is something the operators of Skype should have resolved, as it is clear there are many users that have the same problem..  Any ideas how to get hold of Skype to get an answer?  I have downloaded the latest version - still cannot delete contacts!!

0 Kudos
tedhart3
Tourist
Message 54 of 57 (2,693 Views)

Thanks for your advice - but it didn't work for me on my Mac - I don't have a 'right click' system and when I highlighted the name, the option to DELETE in the EDIT menu is greyed out. Pressing the delete key doesn't work either. What a rubbish system! Aren't there any competitors out there? Everything went downhill after I downliaded an upgrade....

0 Kudos
lauradonington
Novel Tourist
Message 55 of 57 (2,650 Views)

This worked on my Mac. Hi-light Skype (not address book) hi-light image and name. Then hold down option & space bar. In drop down menu go to 'close'. Images were gone.

0 Kudos
carlsherriff
Novel Tourist
Message 56 of 57 (2,611 Views)

Solved

Go to contacts in your skype menu, go to edit in the very top left corner of your screen and hit delete.  As easy as that.

0 Kudos
chrissy-715
Novel Tourist
Message 57 of 57 (2,603 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling