Defunct email a/c

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Defunct email a/c

Hi, how do I change my old, now defunct email address, which is my primary a/c email. to my new email address. It keeps asking me for my old pass word to my old email primary a/c.  There fore I can't change the "Primary a/c details to new email? Any idea's?

ALotus
Experienced Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

It cannot be asking you for the password to your old email account because that is not something you would have given to Skype in the first place. The only password in Skype is the password for your Skype account.

Where are you trying to change it?

Whether you try to do it from within the app or on the website the "change email" and "change password" dialogs are separate.

Try logging into the Skype web site and then going to https://secure.skype.com/portal/profile

Go down to "Contact Details" and click on edit to change. 

View solution in original post
0 Kudos
kennybouy1
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (692 Views)

Re: Defunct email a/c

It cannot be asking you for the password to your old email account because that is not something you would have given to Skype in the first place. The only password in Skype is the password for your Skype account.

Where are you trying to change it?

Whether you try to do it from within the app or on the website the "change email" and "change password" dialogs are separate.

Try logging into the Skype web site and then going to https://secure.skype.com/portal/profile

Go down to "Contact Details" and click on edit to change. 

ALotus
Experienced Adventurer
Kudos: 19
Message 2 of 3 (666 Views)

Re: Defunct email a/c

Thank you aLotus, "you da Man" seriously, today that worked a treat and it allowed me to delete an old email address which was set as my primary, again thanks for your help, people like you are great to us "know not so much" really appreciate your assistance.:bigsmile:

0 Kudos
kennybouy1
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (653 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling