Re : Changelog for v 5.7.0.1037

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Changelog for v 5.7.0.1037

I just received an update poke for version 5.7.0.1037 of Skype for Mac, but when clicking on "What's New?" I get directed to the download page where I get no changelog or info as to what has changed.

I searched the documentation before posting, with no results unfortunately.

Any chance we can get a brief overview of what features were added and/or removed?

Also as a small side note. Anyone care to comment if this or any future release will include a long overdue GUI facelift for the Mac version?

Thank you all. :happy: 

johntony
Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 6 (3,472 Views)

Hi,

http://blogs.skype.com/garage/mac/

Hth  :wink:

On ne regarde pas l'avenir dans un rétroviseur ! :wink:
IMac Intel Core i3 3.2 GHz - RAM 12 GB - OS 10.10
Skype 7.0.653
Logitech usb headset or Jabra 250 bt
0 Kudos
Foyan
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1164
Message 2 of 6 (3,436 Views)

Let me put it clear: I've got 5.1 and won't upgrade to 5.6 or beyond until I'll be sure that I can control upgrades.  Nobody should pretend to change the behavior of an application or o.s. without my permission in my system.  It's mine, not yours or anybody else's, so it's me who has to decide what it executes. 

Moreover, from now on I will have Skype turned off as long as possible and will begin switching to another voip platform.  I'll start right now to warn everyone at my reach about this great risk-taking if they do not avoid using Skype from 5.6 on until this gets solved.

Besides, I find a lack of respect towards the user the fact of offering, in the new-version announce window, a "What's New?" button which brings to a webpage containing everything except what it's meant to show.

Best regards to the Skype team.  You've made a great product.  But this is undue abuse.

ejcaip
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 3 of 6 (3,334 Views)

Hi,

"won't upgrade to 5.6 or beyond until I'll be sure that I can control upgrades".

Well ! Once upgraded, check your Skype preferences >>> General...
And there, tick/untick to suit your tastes.   :wink:

Hth

Skype 7.0.653
0 Kudos
Foyan
Community Ambassador
Message 4 of 6 (3,303 Views)

Re: Changelog for v 5.7.0.1037

Hello,
I have upgraded the changelog for V 5.7.0.1037 on mac os x, and its all good on my side, however i have got one issue. People that are using old versions such as V 2 and onwards cannot see me. The Video doesnt work anymore, and they cannot upgrade their Skype due to their old version of mac. Is there any possible solution for that? either a plug-in or some source of website that enables me to download older versions of Skype, which that i have tried already but not been able to find it.

Thank you for your support in advance. 

0 Kudos
wisamtouma
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 6 (2,516 Views)

Re: Changelog for v 5.7.0.1037

Hi,

Version 2.8.0.866 should do the trick :

http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-computer/macosx/2-8

Hth

Skype 7.0.653
0 Kudos
Foyan
Community Ambassador
Message 6 of 6 (2,505 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling