Buit-in facetime camera doesn't work

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Re: Buit-in facetime camera doesn't work

I am runningOSX 10.7.3 0n a 5 year old imac. Everything going well until I updated to Skype 5.7.0.1037 .  Now none of Skype, ichat and facetime do not recognize the built in camera. Spype preferences will not allow me to select a camers. Have even uninstalled skype , still no camera.  Any ideas ? 

0 Kudos
gruyere
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 11 of 16 (1,672 Views)

I have the exact same problem! Do anyone know how to fix it? 

I need help!

0 Kudos
reecesbitch
Novel Tourist
Message 12 of 16 (1,452 Views)

I too am having this problem.  I did not have it about six months ago, but now that I am out of town, Skype does not read my camera.  I can see everyone else, but they cannot see me.  Oddly enough, my iPhone does not have this problem.  I too believe it is through an update of Skypes that somehow knocked out our cameras.  Perhaps we need skype to fix their software so that I can select camera in the audio/visual prefernces box.  This is very frustrating.  

0 Kudos
revgroom
Novel Tourist
Message 13 of 16 (1,304 Views)

Try downgrading to an earlier version of skype. It worked for me. I've no idea why this should be.  I found this post from elsewhere in this site:

http://mac.oldapps.com/skype.php

and here is the direct URL:

http://download.oldapps.com/Skype/Apple/Skype_5.4.0.1771.dmg

hartjon
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 14 of 16 (919 Views)

hey ,

i was searching also about this an hour ago.

i didn't find any answers yet , but i tried solving it on my own and it works for me.

you said that on your "skype preference" the tab audio and video , the video is not working right?

follow this steps :

1. Click you facetime icon

2. Sign in 

3. Click "FaceTime" the one that's the upper left corner of your screen.

4. Sign Out

5. Click "Quit Facetime"

then check your skype preference again if it's working , goodluck :happy:

and if you got more questions follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/aviignatius and i'll be happy to figure the answer out for you guys :happy:

0 Kudos
caliignatius
Novel Tourist
Message 15 of 16 (438 Views)

I have the same problem! Any solution yet?

0 Kudos
ssquarre
Novel Tourist
Message 16 of 16 (159 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling