Address book on skype

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Address book on skype

[ Edited ]

I got the new version of Skype but I do not want it to sinc with my address book in my Mac. How can I stop it from happening? Or how can I delete the address book now in my Skype? Please help....

rwakeford
Honorary Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Skype/Preferences/General and un tick "Show address book contacts".

View solution in original post
Famo
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 1 of 7 (9,970 Views)

Re: Address book on skype

Skype/Preferences/General and un tick "Show address book contacts".
rwakeford
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 153
Message 2 of 7 (9,927 Views)

It might be obvious from the wording of the option which rwakeford gave but I thought it might be worth mentioning there is no sync, the option just allows you to display (or not) your address book contacts within Skype

ALotus
Experienced Adventurer
Kudos: 19
Message 3 of 7 (9,924 Views)

That fixed it! Thanks so much! I have no idea how I missed that:sad:

Famo
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 4 of 7 (9,915 Views)

Buddy Hell Bro, this is a job and half!

Hi Alf & Mo,

been trying to get you for days but for some reason it appears Skype are messing about somehow with their system. I can't even retrieve the voicemail message is appears you've left me yet?

Buddy Hell Bro, this is a job and half I'm going to Flemings Rope Works now and get some milk bottles instead...Are you coming???

Sisterly Love and to Mo and family as ever,

Pam x

garyson71
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 7 (9,834 Views)

Re: Buddy Hell Bro, this is a job and half!

Erm, this isn't Skype, this is the Skype forum.
rwakeford
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 153
Message 6 of 7 (9,734 Views)

is one able to add their own photo to contact profile in address book?

Some of my contacts have their own photo set up, and some are 'blank'.  

Is there a feature whereby I can assign a photo to each contact in my address book (regardless of whether THEY can see the photo or not) -- I like being able to 'see' the person's face when I'm skyping (even when not using video).

I'm a mac user, and we are able to assign photos to our contacts (they are unaware of what photos we've assigned, but that doesn't matter).   Hope this makes sense.

family_inglis
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 7 (8,517 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling