Since I upgraded to Mac SO 10.7.2 (Lion) my audio quality has become very bad. I'm using a Bluetooth headset but it seems to be bad even if I don't use it.
PLEASE TAKE 20 MINUTES TO SUBMIT A BUG REPORT USING THE LINK BELOW
I have some answers (not solutions) for this issue and a response from Apple's engineers regarding the issue.
After extensive testing, recording the audible issue, sending system captures to Apple and working with Tier 2 support - I've finally recieved a response that they are acknowledging there is a software problem within OS X. They initially told me this was likely hardware issue or third party problem but finally concluded they needed to fix Apple drivers.
HOWEVER - there is currently no timeline for this fix. In order to show Apple how important this problem is to us all there are 2 things you can do (please do BOTH):
1) Submit a bug report here: https://bugreport.apple.com
- be very detailed!
- the more bugs apple gets regarding this issue the higher they will prioritize a fix.
- Apple DOES NOT monitor these forums and will not accept your complaining here as official report.
2) Call Applecare (if you have coverage) and report the issue.
- Offer to send them a system capture (a small tool they will send to capture your system details etc.)
- tell them about the many discussion on thier offical forums where they can get more info
- offer to assist them in any way possible to have this problem further identified and fixed
Doing these things will help fix the issue faster. Please take 10-20 minutes of your day to do these things!
I can confirm that the issue hapenns on ANY Mac post-10.5.7 with virtually ANY (7 different brands tested) third party USB microphone.
I hope you will all take quick action and help apple solve this annoying problem.
Thanks and goodluck!
I am also having the problem with 10.7.3 version of OS. I am using skype version 5.5.
THe old skype version 5.3.59 was working perfect on the same Mac OS.So I think issue is with new skype version.