This came up a little while ago while Firefox was the active app in front of SKype, I recognized NOTHING, thought it was st bad, so Cancel, it comes up again, Cancel, BAM!
Skype unexpectedly quits and is DEAD, will not open. Any ways to confirm this is the work of a mac malware, and not just a bad UI?
Still the most bloated and user unfreindly chat program available.
I need to use Skype as so many people are on it BUT I front it with Adium so I have a nice consistant imple to use UI.
When will Skype EVER listen to us??????
27-03-2012 12:49 - edited 27-03-2012 14:41
How about this for an idea.
I still use Skype 2.x most of the time and only upgrade to 5.x when I need to use screen sharing on Mac OS 10.7. As soon as im done with the call (screen sharing) I downgrade to 2.x ASAP!
WHAT SUCKS ABOUT THE NEW UI:
I find the "new" UI to be horrible. I work on a laptop and and constenly have many windows open at one time. The fact that new UI takes up so much room makes it very hard for me to us the app. Also having the one window for chat and video/audio calls makes it hard to interact with multiple people at the same time.
Completely agree with this thread.
I "upgraded" to skype 5 a year ago and instantly downgraded, but after upgrade 2.8 had become broken and continued to get worse and worse so just yesterday I once again upgraded to 5 and was instantly so angry at what they had done.
PLEASE SKYPE TELL US WHEN YOU ARE GOING TO FIX THIS GIANT **bleep** UP.
I am in complete agreement. I've blogged about the reasons why I love Skype, why it's better than Facebook, why I'm a good paying user, and what I need to be able to upgrade.
In a nutshell, this is what I need:
- Compact contact list view to see as many of my online contacts as possible. No dead white space.
- In order to achieve a compact view, buttons need to be smaller
- I must have the ability to resize the chat window. Without the chat drawer, my mandatory chat window size is 7.5 cm wide by 8.5 cm tall, including buttons at top of window and text entry box at bottom of window.
- The call window size must be on par with the chat window and no larger.
- Go ahead and keep the horrible overall GUI, but allow me the ability to keep it running in the background behind other apps while having a call or chat window running in foreground along side another app.