So ive upgraded to the latested Skype verion and updated my account, also i made a new microsoft account. My email ends on @outlook.com. Had not choice for @hotmail or @live.com. However when i search some hotmail contacts on skype, Skype can't find them. So how do i add them manually, as the hotmail website redirects me to outlook... I tried to add the contact in there, but it doesn't show up in skype messenger or MS outlook tab.
It is very confusing all, would be way easier if skype just found the hotmail account i'm trying to add...
as far as i can father out you have to search with liveemailname) . The other day i setup an account using my mothers hotmail account and on her side the account name shows up as "email@example.com) i have just added her and it has added her name correctly in my skype address book correctly. Hope that helps.
for some reason the above post has put a smiley instead of a colon symbol. You need to type the colon symbol between live and email user name.
11-04-2013 15:20 - last edited on 11-04-2013 20:17 by Bruno
Please Skype listen to your customers!!!!
You made tons of mistakes and you guys do not seem willing to even want to know what they are..Like not being able to add hotmail contacts like we used in messenger..Or email our contacts like we used to in messenger...
Why is there not more information or customer support i have been using msn messenger for 12 years or more!!!!!!
EDIT : title/message case changed.
- Go to https://profile.live.com/connect
- Input the Microsoft account of the contact to be invited.
- Click Next, then click the Invite button.
See the below steps to get ride of this situation and find out what you need. It is very easy....
1. Install latest version of Skype
2. Then go to skype window where used to add the sign in details, before enter the details you can see just opposite on the right side of your skype name column "Microsoft Account", click on that
3. Enter your Microsoft account details with Microsoft account password.
4. You will ask about for you skype details whether you have existing skype account or not, if yes select yes.
5. Select "Continue"
6. Finished!!! Check out your contacts, you can see the contact from messenger too...
7. if you want to add the contacts from FB, go to contact on skype and select "import contacts" then choose Facebook and add your FB details with password...
Thanks & Best Regards
Have been 'Upgraded' to skype and now cant add contacts from my old messenger and hotmail accounts. have tried different ways to add them with no luck.
Why the heck couldnt this have been sorted for adding contacts before the 'Great Skype' took over when a thing (messenger) is working quite alright why does some mega wants the lot merchant come and take over and **bleep** everything up???????????????????