Sometimes the internet gets a bit sleepy and takes...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Sometimes the internet gets a bit sleepy and takes a nap

[ Edited ]

I see this message everytime I try to Login to MSN/Windows Live! thru Skype for Linux "Sometimes the internet gets a bit sleepy and takes a nap" - My system is pretty much up to date Glibc-2.17, GCC-4.7.2, QT-4.81. Log-on to Skype works perfectly well, but when I click "Alternatively, sing in with Microsoft account", it just says its sleepy internet.  Can you look at my log file and tell me what looks wrong.  Thanks, I need this working as soon as

possible.

Regards,

Jay

renamed the file attachment to:

skype_20130211-2143#1.log.jpg

please rename it back to the

original: skype_20130211-2143#1.log

linuxkid
Casual Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

0 Kudos

Figured it out. I was missing /etc/certs/ssl/ -> symbolic links to /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/*; Skype runs perfectly now  :happy: Amazing -  Thanks.   I also tested both QT-4.8.1, one built against openssl-0.9.8w and one against openssl-1.0.0 and they both work perfectly.  Woohoo, now I have my MSN friends all merged in with my Skype friends, yay *

I'll close this bug report now : )

View solution in original post
linuxkid
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 10 (8,929 Views)

Re: Sometimes the internet gets a bit sleepy and takes a nap

As far as I can see, people have been able to get it running under Ubuntu using an updated openssl-1.x.x. I'm using the latest 0.9.8w version, and since Skype doesn't complain that so-an-so "libssl.x.x.x" is missing, I fail to see how that can be a fix for this issue. Anyhow, still waiting for a proper response from the Skype devs, since I can't read the log :happy:

Regards,
linuxkid
linuxkid
Casual Adventurer
Message 2 of 10 (8,884 Views)

I recompiled QT-4.8.1 with the latest openssl, etc .. and still the same 'sleepy' message.

I've attached a new log. I have 3000+ clients waiting to use Skype and I can't release it

until this bug is fixed. Any Skype devs sitting around?, please : )

Again, the log is renamed with suffix .jpg  oh, an I used the latest cURL library as well, built

against the latest openssl, gnutls, etc. not sure if Skype requires a special diff/patch to QT4

or openssl or cURL if it even uses it.

linuxkid
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 10 (8,820 Views)

[SOLVED] Re: Sometimes the internet gets a bit sleepy and takes a nap

[ Edited ]

Figured it out. I was missing /etc/certs/ssl/ -> symbolic links to /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/*; Skype runs perfectly now  :happy: Amazing -  Thanks.   I also tested both QT-4.8.1, one built against openssl-0.9.8w and one against openssl-1.0.0 and they both work perfectly.  Woohoo, now I have my MSN friends all merged in with my Skype friends, yay *

I'll close this bug report now : )

linuxkid
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 10 (8,806 Views)

Re: [SOLVED] Re: Sometimes the internet gets a bit sleepy and takes a nap

[ Edited ]

Solved?  My skype has been working fine up until last night.  I signed out and when I tried to sign back in via my Facebook Account, the message about the internet being sleepy appeared.  I can sign in via Windows, I can sign in via Facebook on another computer.  I can search the internet, there is nothing wrong with my connection.  I made no changes to computer for this to error to occur, and I can seem to find a clear cut fix anywhere other than this thread with some mumbo jumbo here that makes not sense on why my computer would have changed.

What is going on with my computer?  Please help if you can.  I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.

Jamin
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 10 (7,891 Views)

Since 2 days ago, I face this error repeatedly. I've uninstalled Skype, I've added Skype to firewall exception, but no use. I think Skype is facing problem with HTTPS protocol
atairavani
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 10 (7,421 Views)

Hi. Sorry, I didn't get an email from the first reply going back 2 wks ago, but I just got one now from the second replier. Anyhow, I can't be of any real help as Skype/Win Live! has been working perfectly fine for me since I figured out the SSL Mozilla certs. thing.  If you have anymore problems - backup or rename ~/.Skype; try reconnecting with a fresh copy, but It was probably just an intermittent server error or maintenance, though. Good luck.

linuxkid
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 10 (7,416 Views)

[ Edited ]

Me too, but the symlinks and the ~/.Skype didn't worked for me.

Using latest Debian x32 (6, not 7; 7 isn't lanched yet), everything up to date, and I had to temporarily use Wheezy's repos to install a newer version of libqt4-network (and several other packages because of this).

GuiRitter
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 10 (6,838 Views)

i haz same problem but i login with facebook and it KEEPS saying that. i didnt update my skype yet :sad: cuz i cant my father wont give me his administrator password but do u know if its beacouse i didnt update it. im new here on the skype community and i have no idea what i am doing or how to ask questions on here :sad:. anywhoooo......:sad:

stephanieluvz
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 10 (4,624 Views)

i ahve same problem how can i solve it pls let reply me 

Misam.gani
Casual Tourist
Message 10 of 10 (1,414 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling