Skype error Problem with audio playback

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype error Problem with audio playback

Trying to get Skype to work on Mandriva 2010.2 x64_64. Machine is 1-year-old HP p6680t quad-core, lots of memory and disk space.

Downloaded dynamic package from Skype, copied skype and librararies according to README. When I try the Echo / Sound Test service, or a regular connection, a dialog pops up and reports the error: "Problem with Audio Playback"

Found instructions on another web site to disable and uninstall all pulse-audio. Did so. Same results.  Reinstalled pulse-audio, since it is required by other critically important software.

Found other instructions to add the MiB media and install Skype package from there. urpmi skype installed with 2 dependencies libxi6 and libxrandr2. Same results.

Suggestion please?

Thanks,
JimR

skypekd1yv3
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (4,086 Views)

Re: Skype error Problem with audio playback

I had the same problem in openSUSE 12.2 64 bit. It was solved by installing alsa-plugins-pulse-32bit and its dependencies.
ingesvensson
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 2 of 5 (3,406 Views)

Thanks, Same distro....same problem.....an instant fix!

ingesvensson wrote:
I had the same problem in openSUSE 12.2 64 bit. It was solved by installing alsa-plugins-pulse-32bit and its dependencies.

keith399
Casual Tourist
Message 3 of 5 (3,125 Views)

Thanks! Too easy.

kmb578
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 5 (1,672 Views)

Thanks!! x 1000

zerh
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 5 (643 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling