My skype is not working

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

My skype is not working

[ Edited ]

Hello, I downloaded the new skype to the computer. Everytime I log in to it, it closes. I am wondering if you can help.

sharongphilip
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 15
Message 1 of 39 (31,504 Views)

Re: My skype is not working

Hi,

I have been having the same problem for the last couple days. Soon as I login,  it turnes off, I even downloaded a new skype but still the same problem.

salifou
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 10
Message 2 of 39 (31,263 Views)

Many of u said u couldn't download the link cause there was a breakage in this link so I am re-posting it--If u read many of the posts concerning this skype crashing issue it has been recommended that u install the latest version of skype that includes adding ur facebook friends to ur contact list and it works-I can now IM message AND also video chat with all my contacts-I have tested it after the installation and it works fine-See other posts recommending this fix-I myself have windows 7-64 bit-heres the updated link(so sorry my original link had a breakage and couldnt be opened)http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/beta/     THIS IS THE BETA 5.7 DOWNLOAD

af4
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 35
Message 3 of 39 (31,257 Views)

hi i got problem with my skype cant get access to video call and talk  every i sign in there a problem please can help me  thank

sayadramjean
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 4 of 39 (31,010 Views)

even i already download wen i sign in the programe close

sayadramjean
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 5 of 39 (31,009 Views)

Unaccessibility of function.

When I open Skype I get a message saying "Home Skype" unavailable. I cannot call anyone. This has been going on for over a week Peter
nainital2
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 6 of 39 (31,000 Views)

Re: Unaccessibility of function.

My problem with bing unable to access Skype is solved. I discovered my security provider had blocked my access to Skype, With instructions I was able to unblock this and my Skype immediately went back to working normally.

Thanks

nainital2

nainital2
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 7 of 39 (30,941 Views)

I have had skype on mac for a while but 1 day it just dosen't want to open it i re download it over and over but still dosen't please some one help 

Edwin2011Lopez
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 8 of 39 (30,810 Views)

hi i have a problem could not change status it's off line all the time

guka1106
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 9 of 39 (30,459 Views)

i cant get my keypad please fix it if you can but let me know one way or the other

heypapa
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 10 of 39 (30,354 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling