Re: LinuxMint - how to clear chat history (without...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

LinuxMint - how to clear chat history (without deleting entire .skype directory)?

subject line says it all.

ven_upa
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 3 (765 Views)

Re: LinuxMint - how to clear chat history (without deleting entire .skype directory)?

For me not even deleting the entire ~/.Skype directory works.

I've disabled the chat history in the options, quit Skype, deleted the entire ~/.Skype directory. When I sign back in I can see all my contacts slowly getting reloaded from Internet and after a while all my conversations are reloaded as well.

Using Skype 4.2.0.13 on Linux Mint Debian Edition.

Krige
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 3 (711 Views)

Re: LinuxMint - how to clear chat history (without deleting entire .skype directory)?

I found that if you go to Options/Privacy/Keep Chat History/Disable History/Apply/Close  then log out and log back in, my chat history disappeared. You can then reset it to whatever period you want again - ? 2 weeks.

craighs
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (602 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling