Re: EDITING ONE'S CONTACTS

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

EDITING ONE'S CONTACTS

ONE OF MY CONTACTS MOVED FROM ONE COUNTRY TO ANOTHER AND I NEEDED TO EDIT THIS CONTACT TO CHANGE HIS NAME TO REFLECT THE NEW COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE, TO DELETE A MOBILE NUMBER THAT IS NO LONGER VALID AND TO INSERT A NEW MOBILE NUMBER FOR THE NEW COUNTRY WHERE HE NOW RESIDES. I FOUND THIS INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT AND IN FACT DID NOT SUCCEED IN EDITING MY CONTACT'S DETAILS TO REFLECT THESE CHANGES. I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT THERE SHOULD BE A SIMPLE AND OBVIOUS WAY TO AMEND OR EDIT A CONTACT BUT THIS APPEARS NOT TO EXIST FOR SKYPE - UNBELIVEABLE!! PLEASE HELP

michelboulle
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 11 (912 Views)

First of all there is no need to scream, is not that if you use upper case we answer faster.

Secondly: your contact's details can be changed only by the contact itself, the only thing you can do is adding more phone numbers, up to three.

On Skype for Linux right click on the contact -> view profile -> add a phone number.

Cheers

Marco

Cimmo
Staff
Staff icon
Kudos: 46
Message 2 of 11 (894 Views)

Hello Marco,

So how does one edit a phone number that one...not the other person reverted a number? Thank you. Deb

And ps...this is annoying that one can't deal with editing of ones contact.

DebD
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 11 (815 Views)

DebD wrote:

Hello Marco,

So how does one edit a phone number that one...not the other person reverted a number? Thank you. Deb

And ps...this is annoying that one can't deal with editing of ones contact.

What? Can you rephrase? Who edited what?

Cimmo
Staff
Staff icon
Message 4 of 11 (810 Views)

I have a similar problem.   I made an error when I entered a phone number for one of my contacts.   I want to delete the bad entry entirely.   Not sure how I can do this.

brmeeke
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 11 (606 Views)

Yes ditto. It's extremely frustrating that numbers that we have added to a contact cannot be removed or edited. Quite ridiculous! I do not want to remove the whole contact and re-enter them as I will lose all the history I have with the contact. Not sure why SKYPE are not coming up with a solution?

LilNino
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 11 (488 Views)

Sorry to say guys this is a pile of pooh! We cant delete old numbers we cant edit things that are wrong are the programmers so bad now that Microsoft bought it that all the essential functionality has disappeared. Totally useless. You dont listen to your users either.

So to be clear we ALL want to be able to correct our mistakes by editing things that are wrong or out of date like a contsacts mobile number (yes guys even ours!) and we ALL want to be able to delete out of date numbers LIKE WE USED TO SO DONT TELL US IT CANT BE DONE!!

Sorry for the "scream" but all your so called improvements are backward steps so please sort it out or are you really trying to persuade us all to leave? Is that the plan?

raycalladinecom
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 7 of 11 (414 Views)

I agree, absolutetly ridiculous!

How does my contact edit the details on my computer?

They don't know the details on my computer are incorrect!

Why is it that Microsoft always find it necessary to change things that previously worked so well?

Yes, scream!

geetee40
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 8 of 11 (313 Views)

[ Edited ]

Stop living in paranoia, this feature did NOT change with Skype for Linux. If you are using a different platform you are OFF TOPIC here.

Again:

Each contact can change ITS OWN information, in addition you can ADD up to THREE phone numbers to your contacts in your list. This mean you can have up to SIX phone numbers in someone else contact's profile: THREE defined by the contact and THREE defined by yourself.

Every other information is editable only by the contact itself (the owner of the account), so no, you cannot change its Birthday and email for example. This also did NOT change.

That's it, the feature has been there since at least 3 years (if my memory is correct) and hasn't been changed in Skype for Linux. So stop blaming Microsoft for everything that you never figured out before and again, if you are talking about another platform, move to the appropriate forum.

Thank you!

Cimmo
Staff
Staff icon
Message 9 of 11 (300 Views)

:(n):  Yes, I'm thinking that leaving is on the cards. This is a basic feature on everything electronic that I use. I already dislike using Skype, but now I am really moving into the "hate Skype" arena. You need to fix this pronto. 

ERMc
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 10 of 11 (275 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling