Re: Can't disable pop-up notification for Incoming...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Can't disable pop-up notification for Incoming Calls

[ Edited ]

OpenSuse linux, skype ver 4.1.0.20

I have mutltiple monitors and somehow skype is pushing the pop-ups somewhere off-screen, so when there's an incoming call, I have no way to answer it. So I wanted to disable the popup and get a regular window. I go to Options->Notifications, Incoming Call Ringing. The checkbox for "Display pop-up notification" is not clickable ('grayed' out). This occurs on other options, but not all - some do allow the pop-ups to be disabled. What gives? How can I turn this off?

JonathanTanner
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 3 (1,525 Views)

Re: Can't disable pop-up notification for Incoming Calls

I am using Linux Mint 13 Maya (based on xbuntu 12.04)  I have the same problem.  The display popup notification button is grayed out (Incoming ringing call) and the popup notification no longer shows up.  There is a pop up notification clickable button for other notifications (eg contacts online and offline). 

ImConfused41
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 3 (1,355 Views)

Re: Can't disable pop-up notification for Incoming Calls

[ Edited ]

Same problem here with Skype 4.2.0.11 on Linux mint 13 (Maya). Incoming calls can be heard, but cannot be accepted or declined since the pop-up doesn't, well, pop-up. Neither can I uncheck the relevant box in options.

It's disheartening that the last reply dates from April...

Edit: Okay, it seems to be an issue of monitor alignment - at least when you use two monitors.
See here: http://community.skype.com/t5/Linux/I-m-not-able-to-see-the-incoming-call-pop-up-window/td-p/259026

krst
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (933 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling