Re: [debian squeeze amd64] Looking for v 2.0, 2.2 ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

[debian squeeze amd64] Looking for v 2.0, 2.2 too unstable.

Hi, does anyone, by chance, have an older version? I read on Debian manual that 2.2 is known to be unstable and it recommends downgrading. I can only find Windows older versions, not the Linux... :S

I used to use an older version on Ubuntu 10.04 amd64, not sure which one, because that system is no more, but it used to work well, so I hoped to try that if there's a chance...

Thanks.

0 Kudos
wvxvw
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (1,459 Views)

Re: [debian squeeze amd64] Looking for v 2.0, 2.2 too unstable.

in repo should be older versions ..

0 Kudos
mwider
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 5 (1,325 Views)

Nope, not really... I had to install the deb package downloaded from this site. Skype used to be provided from this repo: http://download.skype.com/linux/repos/debian/ but it belongs to Skype, not the Debian developers, and this repo sends back 403, when I try to look what's inside. Guessing version numbers would be tough :happy: I mean, I could try to come up with some leeching script that tried number combinations, but I'm afraid I'll get blocked for doing it / it's stupid, if I can just ask the developers...

0 Kudos
wvxvw
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (1,319 Views)

Send an e-mail to me at 

schachgeek@gmail.com 

and I will send you the amd64 deb for 2.2.035-1 

Insert standard disclaimer - this build worked GREAT for me in Squeeze 64 until I did a clean install of 6.0.5 and now I have numerous issues, but I am reluctant to upgrade to the latest Linux version because, well...it's a microsoft product.

Plus I took the newer version for a test drive on another debian machine and it was hideous. Fewer features, lower quality calls, I'm unable to re-size certain windows, fb integration garbage and adverts. Not what I signed up for, and certainly not what I'm paying for but anyway.

Haven't had time to tinker with 2.2.035-1 on the 6.0.5 64 to try and resolve the issues but I fear the only fix will be upgrading. I am currently exploring other options because Skype is starting to suck as of late.

0 Kudos
richardhartley2
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 8
Message 4 of 5 (1,035 Views)

P.S. - If anyone needs 2.1 or 2.2 i386 deb I have those, too.

schachgeek@gmail.com

0 Kudos
richardhartley2
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 8
Message 5 of 5 (1,033 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling