chat window pops up on every received message

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Re: chat window pops up on every received message

Hi,

I found a way to fix it, and it works perfectly for me.

https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon/commit/c5bbcad1cc4cc8183f2556deef867d0fae5f0109

mkheffache
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 11 of 16 (1,592 Views)

Mkheffache, that's a bit of a hack! Good that it works for you, but I would still prefer an official fix from Skype.

When I replied previously that the update to a later version of Skype had fixed the problem, I spoke too soon. There is still a problem with it, but it's just not as bad. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Weird!

0 Kudos
louco73
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 12 of 16 (1,589 Views)

The problem is not with the Skype app, it works just fine on Ubuntu with Unity. The problem comes from Cinnamon (I switched to Linux Mint a few days ago). Maybe it can be fixed on Skype, but this just works pretty well. I think the problem comes from Cinnamon, not Skype.

0 Kudos
mkheffache
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 13 of 16 (1,586 Views)

That's awesome. Thank you so much.
0 Kudos
doolin_nc
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 14 of 16 (1,524 Views)

Ah thanks... I hope that the new LMDE update already includes the new Cinnamon version with this fix. I'm just in the process of updating. Otherwise I'll have to hunt for this file and fix it myself. Thank you for pointing this out!
0 Kudos
PragTob
Novel Tourist
Message 15 of 16 (1,452 Views)

Another solution that might work for you is:
http ://scott.cm/skype-auto-popup-with-cinnamon/
0 Kudos
dobromirdinkov
Novel Tourist
Message 16 of 16 (1,348 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling