android as webcam for linux client

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

android as webcam for linux client

Hi folks, I am trying to use the camera on my anroid phone as a webcam on skype client 2.2

HAs any one had any luck with xubuntu 11.10 and using a android app such as "ip cam" or "droidcam" with the 2.2 client?

the video shows up in gstream-properties but when I go to options in skype and click 'TEST' it just shows a black box.

Any1 gotten it to work?

0 Kudos
3djake
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (1,434 Views)

Re: android as webcam for linux client

What I did was
- add the libv4l ppa using:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libv4l
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libv4l-0 libv4l-0:i386

and then I uninstalled skype and grabbed skype_2.1.0.81-1ubuntu5_i386.deb from http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu/pool/partner/s/skype/ because the 2.2 from the skype website sucks.

Best of all no need for the LD_PRELOAD command

0 Kudos
3djake
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 2 (1,401 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling