Skype 4 drops calls when answering.

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype 4 drops calls when answering.

[ Edited ]

Everytime someone calls me, I click to answer and skype drops the call. I don't get the call dropped message or anything, the call just dissapears. Skype worked great before I upgraded to version 4. Is anyone else having this issue?

jason-woods
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 1 of 30 (5,985 Views)

Re: Skype 4 drops calls when answering.

Just downgraded back to 2.2, couldn't figure this out an it's killing me!!!!

Really liked the interface updates in 4 though, thanks Skype team. Looking forward to the next version, perhaps my problem will be fixed.

jason-woods
Casual Adventurer
Message 2 of 30 (5,951 Views)

Where did you get the old 2.2 package from?

0 Kudos
Alurus
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 30 (5,947 Views)

[ Edited ]

luckily it was left in my downloads folder from long ago, I couldn't find it on the skype page anywhere

0 Kudos
jason-woods
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 30 (5,944 Views)

Also seeing exactly this problem, running on Slackware 13.37 32bit. I'm able to call out but call drops immediately and call window never appears if I answer a call. I'd be interested in a solution apart from having to downgrade to old version.
c_loopseend
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 5 of 30 (5,935 Views)

It would be great if a solution could be found. I don't see anything odd in my logs. I'm using debian squeeze 32 bit , 3.3 kernel, and KDE desktop. I also have another PC running xubuntu. Everything works fine there. Seems to be a rare issue, I don't have any idea what could cause it.

jason-woods
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 30 (5,916 Views)

Am having the exact same problem. Can making outgoing calls just fine, incoming calls get dropped when I click to answer. Happens on Skype net calls and SkypeIn calls. I'm running Debian testing (wheezy) on amd64 with all packages updated.

dunnbar
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 30 (5,878 Views)

I was having this problem with Skype 4 and Arch (64 bit).  I deleted my ~/.Skype folder, which was the same one I originally had from Skype 2, and I have not had a problem answering calls since.

dhitchcock
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 8 of 30 (5,840 Views)

This solution worked for me also.  Shut down skype.  Remove (or rename) .Skype directory.  Start up skype so new .Skype directory gets created.  Able to answer calls without call window vanishing.  Thanks!

Something in .Skype directory hung over from Skype 2.x causes problem for Skype 4.  The quick  skim of the diffs - too numerous to pinpoint anything in particular. 

0 Kudos
c_loopseend
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 9 of 30 (5,815 Views)

OK, I removed Skype 2.x via apt-get purge. Removed the .Skype directory by rm -Rvf .Skype. Re-installed skype 4.x had a few people try to call and I still can't answer PSTN calls get a busy signal, calls from a skype use go to voicemail.

:sad:

0 Kudos
jason-woods
Casual Adventurer
Message 10 of 30 (5,801 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling