Package dependencies cannot be resolved in ubuntu1...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Package dependencies cannot be resolved in ubuntu12.04

[ Edited ]

This error could be caused by required additional software packages which are missing or not installable. Furthermore there could be a conflict between software packages which are not allowed to be installed at the same time.

The following packages have unmet dependencies:

0 Kudos
manikarthick
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 3 (924 Views)

I want the Free Premium Trial to be credit

I decided to sign in on the FREE TRIAL Skype premium on Saturday to see if the Group connection works.  IT DOES NOT.   Connecting with Canada was okay as my contact in Canada is on Windows and so am I.  My contact in ITALY was NOT CONNECTED on the video with me.  

Therefore your free trial on group conversations did not work for me.  My client in Italy is on Linux and I COULD NOT CONNECT with him - only his VOICE came thru.

I would like you to CANCEL my FREE TRIAL as I registered on Saturday Oct. 20th, 2012.

Until this problem is resolved with Skype and Linux, then at that time I will try again your FREE TRIAL and if it works, then I will definetly sign up for the Skype Premium.

coolhanya

0 Kudos
coolhanya
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 3 (902 Views)

Re: Package dependencies cannot be resolved in ubuntu12.04

[ Edited ]

Install manually to /opt (see my topic below). This is however for Debian testing and i386 architecture with i686-pae kernel, but if you check Skype binary file with "ldd skype" -- you see what is a needed for your distribution...

0 Kudos
stozher
Experienced Adventurer
Kudos: 18
Message 3 of 3 (811 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling