Re: Missing numeric keypad on skype version 4.0.0....

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Missing numeric keypad on skype version 4.0.0.7

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I am trying the new version of skype for linux just released (ver 4.0.0.7), and it seems impossible to open a numeric keypad during a call, to send numeric codes needed for some automatic services

Did somebody know how to do it ?

eladts
Reliable Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

0 Kudos

I noted that the numric keypad icon appears in the call window if and only if there is at least one phone number in the call. This is a problem because many businesses now use Skype Connect and it is impossible to dial DTMF codes with them.

I found a very a hack for that: add a dummy number (such as +18001234567) to the call and press the dialpad icon before the cal to that number fails. Ugly, but it works!

View solution in original post
pippo0312
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 16 (4,936 Views)

Re: Missing numeric keypad on skype version 4.0.0.7

I noted that the numric keypad icon appears in the call window if and only if there is at least one phone number in the call. This is a problem because many businesses now use Skype Connect and it is impossible to dial DTMF codes with them.

I found a very a hack for that: add a dummy number (such as +18001234567) to the call and press the dialpad icon before the cal to that number fails. Ugly, but it works!

0 Kudos
eladts
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 2 of 16 (4,876 Views)

Hello,

thanks for your hint, is a quite difficult method, but it works!

I hope that a keypad will be made accessible soon for all calls, in order to send easily DMTF tones

0 Kudos
pippo0312
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 16 (4,825 Views)

The new call window in Skype 4 is pretty much a downgrade, there's actually less features in it now. You can't stop recieving vid anymore whenever you want without ending the call, you can't go into double size of the screen and your cam window cannot be adjusted from it's small size, you can't double click on the cam window to go fullscreen, you can't right click to the options menu from the cam window, you can't hit numbers to make really loud noises anymore on the cam window and on top of it all, it just looks ugly and the bar that isn't transparent that keeps resizing the window for me is annoying.

Out of camming the new version is good, but in terms of actual function in camming, this is pretty terrible from what we used to have actually. 

0 Kudos
gaygerbil
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 4 of 16 (4,798 Views)

I can get the keypad up if I click on "Call phones" in the classic view. Then you have to enter the number to be called.

0 Kudos
jjhutchison
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 16 (4,278 Views)

jjhutchison: We're not talking about the keypad used to call phones, but the keypad used for DMTF tones. They are completely separate.
0 Kudos
eladts
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 6 of 16 (4,269 Views)

non comprende

0 Kudos
jjhutchison
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 7 of 16 (4,263 Views)

This is crazy - no dial pad when making a Skype call to a Skype number.

With Skype connect, many companies are forwardign their Skype number of a PABX and we cannot enter an extention or option number and just get cut off.

Andy why?

Did Skype just forget to include this?

Why would they omit this dialpad feature on purpose - what could possibly be the reason.

Come on Skype - fix this.

How many messages do you need?

How hard can it be?

Or at least respond and tell the community WHY.

simonstjohn
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 8 of 16 (4,065 Views)

I agree - the dial pad needs to be accessible during a skype-to-skype call. I cannot enter the extension I want to call, and get cut off too.

Why was this done in this way?

@eladts thank you for you hint - I feel like in a bad computer game trying to enter numbers fast enough before I cut off because I did not enter an extension - not successful so far.

flibisch
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 9 of 16 (4,034 Views)

Agree Simon, This is a real pain and causing me significant issues when trying to use Skype, made even more complicated when using it from my smartphones. Ahhhhh. Please fix it. I have been using Skype forever and these downgrades are really off putting. I am using another VOIP service to allow me to access the keypad during calls in the meantime.
justincrowther
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 10 of 16 (3,998 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling