Limux is not support to ACER C7 chromebook - HELP

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Limux is not support to ACER C7 chromebook - HELP

How can i find the skpye in order to install into ACER C7 Chromebook

its very new to me for this computer

Pls help

oulayvanh
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 4 (5,539 Views)

Re: Limux is not support to ACER C7 chromebook - HELP

are you running linux if so what distro please provide more information and i will try to help

iceman_tjf
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 4 (5,446 Views)

There is not currently an avaliable version of Skype for the Google Chromebook. I have one, and there are alternatives. If you want to use Skype, you will have to get an app on the Chrome App Store called "imo messenger". You can send messeges via Skype, but the video calling crashes the Shockwave Flash Player. Googles alternative is Google Hangout. It has almost the same features as Skype and allows videochatting with more than one person at a time free of charge. However, you cannot import Skype contacts and everyone you videochat with must have a Google Account too. Miscrosoft is currently developing an online version of Skype via Outlook.com. This is not yet avaliable. For more, check the link below.

http://aboutchromebook.com/skype-for-chromebook/

wyatthall
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 4 (5,098 Views)

how to skype download in charm book c720

0 Kudos
madan.katel
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 4 (423 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling