Re: Sound not working after Kindle Fire HD update.

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

hi Nobele, did you get the skype app from amazon? and do you know what version of skype it is?

shandy2
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 31 of 35 (904 Views)

hi Nobele thank you for that information i will give it a try,i dont suppose you have any ideas as to download net flix,got the app from amazon but the kindle won't let me install it

shandy2
Casual Adventurer
Message 32 of 35 (902 Views)

I have delited Skype apps from my device and clouds and downloaded from Amazon...cant explain why but now skype is working

nobele
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 33 of 35 (879 Views)

i tried that! Same thing! No sound!

Posted from Amazon KFTT
keggakirts123
Novel Tourist
Message 34 of 35 (246 Views)

I think I've found the solution.

Use the volume buttons on the side of the device, not the volume control drop down on the screen. I always assumed they did the same thing, but the buttons on the side seem to control the volume within Skype, but the on-screen slider doesn't do anything.

DaveWaugh
Novel Tourist
Message 35 of 35 (149 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling