Skype for Kindle Fire won't work

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Re: Skype for Kindle Fire won't work

I had Skype 4.0 on my kindle fire HD and it has worked since it was installed a week ago.  It wouldn't go online.  When I tapped on my status it wouldn't respond.  So I uninstalled and reloaded the skype app which turned out to be the old skype 3.2 which is working fine.  Thanks for the advice.

coalfired
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 11 of 15 (1,687 Views)

I am having the same problem right now. I was logged in on the Skype page but I couldn't get my contact list, etc. so I couldn't call anyone. I went to the Apps page on my Kindle and clicked on the Skype app which for some reason wasn't activated. After it was activated it was on the cloud, so I went to the cloud and clicked on Skype and then I signed in and it worked. But you have to make sure that you get the app first if you don't already have it. If you don't have the app then you have to download it by going to the skype download page for Kindle Fire. Hope this is understandable and hope it helps for someone with the same problem,

Mumphy21
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 12 of 15 (1,565 Views)

i tried that but it keeps saying "skype has stopped" whenever i try to open skype, powering it of did nothing... any ideas? :/

Posted from Amazon KFJWI
Cybonacy
Novel Tourist
Message 13 of 15 (1,217 Views)

Hi, I have the app on my kindle, but when I tap on it, goes back to the kindle home page. I have tried all of the above.
Not sure what to do now?
Posted from Samsung GT-N7100
annecox14
Casual Tourist
Message 14 of 15 (978 Views)

Same problem.

I'm tired to try, install, unistall, etc...

Skype from one year is very very bad in all devices.

With iPad works well than I don't know if is Skype o the Kindle Fire HD the problem...

With next Watsapp generation maybe we can do all what we do with Skype than we have only to wait and in in the meantime, we use the iPad!

sergiocovelli
Novel Adventurer
Message 15 of 15 (471 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling