Re: New Kindle Fire HDX

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

New Kindle Fire HDX

Is any information currently available concerning Skype compatibility with the new Kindle Fire HDX?

EMarkovitz
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 13 (4,925 Views)

skype works on the hdx. calls and such. the only issue i'm having so far is sending messages. this is because when the keyboard pops up, it essentially covers the enter button.... and the enter button ont he keypad just is used to enter a line in your message (doesn't work as a send button). it's very annoying. otherwise, i haven't had any other issues.

lavendergirl88
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 13 (4,799 Views)

Not sure if it is my HDX or skype, but my camera looks right on my page but it is flipped upside down for who ever I am talking with.  So I flip the kindle putting the camera at the buttom and it works but such a bad place for the camera to be.  I can't find any thing on this.  

I also have sound problems but fully turning it off and starting it up seems to fix it mostly.  If I don't they sound like a robot. 

Tremor38
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 13 (4,750 Views)

I am having the same problem with my Kindle HDX. Any solution out there?

Posted from Microsoft Windows RT Tablet
ejr42
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 13 (4,044 Views)

I'm having a different skype app issue on my kindle fire hd 8·9

The person I am talking to can hear me well but I can barely hear them. I have checked volume settings in my kindle as well as in skype and even did the skype test call but nothing helps.  

Video is perfect for both parties. Is anyone else having this same problem?

Posted from Amazon KFJWI
MiiLissa
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 13 (3,871 Views)

The video received by the Kindle Fire HDX is several seconds delayed from the audio.  Very annoying.  The quality is excellent and the person I'm talking to sees me fine.  I don't beleive it's a network issue because this does not happen when using Skype on other devices with my home network.

MyNameIsName
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 13 (3,860 Views)

Re: New Kindle Fire HDX. Video lags behind audio.

[ Edited ]

MyNameIsName wrote:

The video received by the Kindle Fire HDX is several seconds delayed from the audio.  Very annoying.  The quality is excellent and the person I'm talking to sees me fine.  I don't beleive it's a network issue because this does not happen when using Skype on other devices with my home network.

I just bought a new Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and i am having the same issue; The video is very clear but it lags behind the audio for a couple of seconds. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Skype and still have the same issues. I have several other devices and desktops in the house to test with over Wifi and they all work beautifully with each other. It is only the brand new Kindle HDX that is behaving badly. I have not had issues with Skype in a very long while on any platform so this has me completely baffled. Any thoughts?

Arlosbuddy
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 7 of 13 (3,338 Views)

Re: New Kindle Fire HDX. Video lags behind audio.

I too am having the same issue, the video displayed is 3 or 4 seconds behind the audio.  Have removed, reinstaleld, and updated all to no avail.  Problem only occurs on the HDX version of my Kindle, previous HD worked fine.

scrau
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 13 (2,427 Views)

I have the exact same issue. I have a KFHDX, my missus has a KFHD - I'm upside down to her.

To me, everything is fine. I have to flip my device 180 degrees, then she sees me right way up...

I find it hard to believe there is no simple fix for this??

Sander_Koop
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 9 of 13 (2,143 Views)

New Kindle Fire HDX and iPhone 5

I'm having a hard time getting video to work between the new Kindle Fire HDX and iPhone 5.  When on the iPhone 5, I can see the video fine coming from the HDX, but on the iPhone 5, I can't broadcast my video to the HDX.  On my iPhone, the camera icon has a line through it.  I can still click on it, and get options for front/back camera, but touching either camera option doesn't do anything.  I've tried this with 2 different HDXs and 2 different iPhone 5s, and one iPhone 4 and still can't get the video to run.  Have installed the latest Skype apps on all devices.  Anyone else seeing this?

bgrif
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 13 (2,054 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling