KINDLE FIRE HD MIC WON'T WORK ON SKYPE! HELP!

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

KINDLE FIRE HD MIC WON'T WORK ON SKYPE! HELP!

I just purchased a Kindle Fire HD 8.9" and the first app I tried was Skype. The video quality was great and I heard the person on the other line fine, but they couldn't hear me at all. I've been on tech support with Amazon and they did everything they could to assist me (such as resetting my kindle, uninstalling and reinstalling skype, ect.) but every time I try my mic out "Echo123" can't hear me. Has anyone else had this problem? How do I tell if it's skype or my kindle? Do I need to return my kindle and get a new one? I'd appriciate any feedback!

skystarlite
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (5,079 Views)

Re: KINDLE FIRE HD MIC WON'T WORK ON SKYPE! HELP!

Yes, we are having the same problem with the newly upgraded version 3 of Skype on our new kindle Fire HD.  Version 2 seemed to work fine.  It has to be a Skype problem with their new version but how does one contact them and tell them about it?

dalegearhart
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 3 (5,034 Views)

Re: KINDLE FIRE HD VIDEO DOESN'T WORK

HI, I just downloaded Skype on my Kindle Fire HD 8.9 and the audio worked fine (I would like to know where the mic is located on the Kindle though).  However, I didn't have video -- and didn't see the usual video option.

Can anyone help me with this?

GREENMUSIC
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (3,522 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling