Re: Introduction to Skype for Kindle HD

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Introduction to Skype for Kindle HD

Great to see you here and using Skype on your Kindle Fire HD. For a start please don't miss out on the getting start article we have prepared for you: How do I use Skype on my Kindle Fire HD

For any more question on the application to be answered by your fellow Skype users please start a new topic here on the community.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13830
Message 1 of 10 (9,693 Views)

Skype has disappeared from my kindle.. can't download it ..
Posted from Samsung GT-S5830
luluslair1
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 10 (9,322 Views)

I've just bought the kindle fire hd and I am also pc / tablet / android savvy - I have looked in every section and Skype is most definitely not preloaded ..

Skype is not recognized in any of the search bars in the app or help section ..

Through Amazon download apparently my device is not compatible ..

I feel like I am going mad - is the answer out there ?

Posted from Amazon D01400
maximax683
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 3 of 10 (6,763 Views)

I bought the new Kindle Fire Hd 7" and the amazon app shop, says that there is no compatible ersion for it. What can I do?

nilyave
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 10 (6,429 Views)

Am trying to get my pin number help me

Posted from Amazon KFTT
nithanielbowden
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 10 (6,198 Views)

I downloaded Skype to my new Kindle Fire HD and logged in.  I am unable to see my contacts or the regular screen that I am used to seeing (I would call it my home screen where i can see my contacts on the left hand side and the ability to start a call.  All I see is information for pay services.  I can't get past that?  Is this some type of add that I have to get past?  I do not want to purchase additional services at this time, I just want to use my Kindle to Skype.  Very frustrated.  Please help!

csmith510
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 10 (6,057 Views)

i have exactly the same problem and am very confused as i can log in easily but get to a page with no access to contacts or a way to make a skype call. i was looking forward to using it to contact family over xmas. if u find a solution could u let me know. thanks

Posted from Amazon KFTT
goathead
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 7 of 10 (4,776 Views)

while skyping on brand new kindle fire HD 8.9 the sound is very low and uncontrolled just recently a got  replacement from Amazon -same issue...

nobele
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 10 (4,557 Views)

missing contacts

I have exactly the same problem on my Kindle fire HD- can't see Skype contacts, so therefore can't Skype!! Can someone out there in Kindle/Skypeland please help????

rojomy
Casual Tourist
Message 9 of 10 (2,279 Views)

Dear Skype - after much frustration, I have finally given up on using the app available on the Kindle store. It crashes constantly and is incapable of completing a call. The old app worked great - this one simply doesn't work. This is clear from the many comments posted as reviews and on this forum. I love Skype on my laptop, but having it to go on my Kindle HD is also very important. Anything you can do to fix this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

KindleHDuser
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 10 of 10 (566 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling