Re: I can't sign into skype on my tablet, help!

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I can't sign into skype on my Kindle tablet

[ Edited ]

[Topic title updated by moderator to be more descriptive. Original topic title was: "I can't sign into skype on my tablet, help!"]

Everytime I try to sign into skype, it comes up with the message "You cannot be signed in at this time. Please check your mobile network settings and try again.". This doesn't make any sense to me, as far as I know there is no mobile network settings on the kindle fire HD tablet. I have tried turning to router off and on again and turning off the tablet and resetting the WiFi. I have tried to use the live chat support, but it wouldn't work the tablet. Has anyone had this problem before and can help me sort? I would really appreciate your help.

Posted from Amazon KFTT
Jeanclarke
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 10
Message 1 of 16 (8,219 Views)

I've never had any problems with my Kindle HD Skype. I went to use it today for a really important teleconference and I am getting the EXACT same error as you. I hope someone answers this soon with the resolution to this frustrating problem!

kelchris
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 16 (8,076 Views)

Likewise, I have the same problem since Monday August 4th.  It previously worked well and still does on other devices, but can't log on on my Kindle HD

concorde7000
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 16 (7,945 Views)

Skype used to be so great. Before Microsoft.  Now, it doesn't work on my cell phone, doesn't work on my tablet.  Getting the same error message, and total garbage when I try to find an upgrade. Time to look for the next big thing. With all of the problems over the last few months of "service" it is now official: I hate using Skype.

Posted from Amazon KFTT
Studio751
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 16 (7,863 Views)

so how do we fix it ??

casares
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 16 (7,720 Views)

You need to update the Skype application on your Kindle device to be able to continue using it. If you are using an outdated version you will see the "Cannot connect to Skype" error message on sign in.

Take a look at the instructions here to update Skype on your Kindle: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34438/why-should-i-update-my-skype-version-what-do-i-need-to-do-t...

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13411
Message 6 of 16 (7,716 Views)

Thanks, the new download fixed it for me.

Posted from Amazon KFTT
ronfire
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 16 (7,584 Views)
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Message 8 of 16 (7,002 Views)

Its the same problem it says You cannnot sign in to Skype this time please check your mobile networks please help me to sign in to my Skype using kindle

mariloumendoza
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 16 (6,574 Views)

Did you follow the upgrade instructions I shared above? Does it still not connect?

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Message 10 of 16 (6,132 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling