"FREETALK Phone Adapter (TALK-1203) + Unlimited US...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

"FREETALK Phone Adapter (TALK-1203) + Unlimited US and Canada" Promotional accessory.

I am looking at an accessory that will allow me connect to my skype account using this device and connect my home phone to use through Skype. 

The link to this accessory is as follows:

http://shop.skype.com/phones/phone-adapters/connect-me-nau/

It states "US / Canada customers only. Enjoy convenient, free Skype-to-Skype calls and low-cost Skype calls from your home phone — plus a year of unlimited* calls to the US and Canada and up to 200** international minutes."  So it would seem that a 12 month service of Skype to telephone calls within USA and Canada is included, as well as 200 international minutes. 

Further down in the product description it states:

"Can I receive calls?

Yes, if someone calls you, your home phone will ring and you can answer as normal."

My question is, does this also include skype-in along with the package, so I would be able to make unlimited calls, and receive unlimited incoming calls through my existing skype-in number if I purchased this device, or is it only Skype-out service that comes with the device?

Thank you.

Accepted Solution

by Connect-Me_PRO

Hi Euph0ria74,

In order to receive calls from regular phone numbers using Skype, you will need a SkypeIn/Online number. That is not included along with your Freetalk Connect.Me purchase.

To get more details on Skype In numbers, please take a look at Skype's: http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/features/allfeatures/online-number/

Best Regards,

Freetalk.Connect-Me.Pro

View solution in original post
Euph0ria74
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 3 (1,668 Views)

Re: "FREETALK Phone Adapter (TALK-1203) + Unlimited US and Canada" Promotional accessory.

Hi Euph0ria74,

In order to receive calls from regular phone numbers using Skype, you will need a SkypeIn/Online number. That is not included along with your Freetalk Connect.Me purchase.

To get more details on Skype In numbers, please take a look at Skype's: http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/features/allfeatures/online-number/

Best Regards,

Freetalk.Connect-Me.Pro

Connect-Me_PRO
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 2 of 3 (1,622 Views)

Re: "FREETALK Phone Adapter (TALK-1203) + Unlimited US and Canada" Promotional accessory.

Thank you. It looks like a pretty good promotion when I decide to move from my Android phone and start using some real phones cordless phones I have, with Skype.
0 Kudos
Euph0ria74
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 3 (1,574 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling