Re: how to reactivate microphone on iphone for sky...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

how to reactivate microphone on iphone for skype phone calls

I accidently selected no when asked "do you want to allow skype to access your speaker"

How can I reactivate my microphone, I can call but the other side can not hear me.

Txs

bobbypp
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 8 (8,521 Views)

Re: how to reactivate microphone on iphone for skype phone calls

[ Edited ]

iOS 7 has a privacy setting that controls access to your microphone.  It can be found under:

"Settings" - "Privacy" - "Microphone"

There you will see Skype and other applications, if you disabled it you will need to move the slider to enable it.

ios_privacy.jpg

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1128
Message 2 of 8 (8,489 Views)

HELP!!!  My skype was working fine until I received a call from my husband today who is in Afghanistan and suddenly he couldn't hear me.  I noticed that the line was through the mic symbol - I pushed the button but nothing happened.  I have checked the settings, signed out, re-installed on my phone and the mic symbol still has a line through it and no one can hear me.  I really need my Skype to work so I can speak with my husband.

Please help :sad:

CarlaPS
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 8 (3,128 Views)

Skype does not show up in the privacy part of settings and has never requested access to my iphone 5S microphone as far as I can remember. It used to work fine but for some reason  the microphone icon has a line thru it and I can't seem to change thatso people can see me butnot hear me. The video is fine. Can you help?

YVR888
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 8 (2,761 Views)

Skype does not show up in the privacy part of settings and has never requested access to my iphone 5S microphone as far as I can remember. It used to work fine but for some reason  the microphone icon on the screen has a line thru it and I can't seem to change that. The video is fine, so people can see me but not hear me.  Can you help?

YVR888
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 8 (2,755 Views)

I hope thing work thank u
Posted from Apple iPhone
judy.ebuna
Casual Tourist
Message 6 of 8 (1,738 Views)

what do you do if skype DOES NOT show up in the privacy/microphone screen??  even after deleting and reinstalling, it's not there to turn on!

htron
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 8 (1,127 Views)

If you reinstalled it and were never asked to enable it and it does not show up, then there is not much that can be done to resolve the issue.  The only remaining option is to backup any important information (which may already be in the iCloud) and reset your device to factory defaults.  This should essentially resolve the issue by purging everything.  You can then reinstall Skype and the issue should be resolved.

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1128
Message 8 of 8 (1,081 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling