can't get my camera to work

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

can't get my camera to work

I have a Windows 7 desktop computer and I cannot get the camera to work.  I am not sure if I have it plugged in the right spot'

B. John Kaz

JohnKaz
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (245 Views)

Re: can't get my camera to work

If you have a USB camera, then any free USB port should do.  If you camera is not working, you may want to download and install the latest drivers for your camera.  If you don't know how to get those, post the model of the camera and I can try to find them for you.  There is always a possibility that your camera will have issues with the latest release of Skype, if that is the case, you may have to downgrade a release or so.  Prior to doing that, you need to make sure you camera is installed and seen by your Operating System.

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1127
Message 2 of 2 (237 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling