Re: bluetooth headset not compatible with skype?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

bluetooth headset not compatible with skype?

[ Edited ]

Pls help, bluetooth headset works fine with music,videos,locals calls, but not with skype...im using the latest version of skype for android, cant use my bluetooth headset, it  works while ringing but upon answering skype call it goes automatically back to loudspeaker.. pls help

Samsung note 10.1    samsung hm1700       

Posted from Samsung GT-N8000
eden05
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (990 Views)

I wish I had a simple solution for you.  I don't have a compatible Android phone to test it out. This may just be an ongoing issue for whatever reason .   The resolution may be to either try a different or earlier release (if at all possible) or perform a few steps to effectively "jury rig" it to work.  If the phone has the ability to control AD2P (music mode, etc.) or other advanced features, see if you can disable them as some of these other Bluetooth modes may make it difficult to auto switch to a mode compatible with Skype.  Ringing can fall under the music category but mic/headset functionality is a different Bluetooth mode all together.  So it's not really an issue of can it work as opposed to this ability to auto-switch when Skype requests Bluetooth access and effectively the interface acts like it's "already in use".  It's easier for the phone to do this because it's native, whereas Skype as a 3rd party app has to ask for it possilby getting denied for whatever reason.  Some people have engaged Bluetooth after the call was started and it switched over.  That really doesn't resovle the seamless issue, but it may work.  You can check out this older feedback thread and see some solutions others have tried.  You may also want to post this same issue there to add to the feeback pile.  http://blogs.skype.com/2012/06/07/user-feedback-wanted-skype-and/

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1257
Message 2 of 4 (969 Views)

I'm having the exact same problem with the same samsung device on my iPad! So frustrating! Have you had any success or found a work around?

kamic
Casual Tourist
Message 3 of 4 (678 Views)

I have the exact same problem with Skype when I use my Note 2

eann14
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 4 (592 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling