Re: Webcam problems

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Hello Dear members,
I have tried to UPDATE to the Last version,....
Is downloading ! wauw a real suprise ... But then came the Problem....
Can't install .... Seems to give a ERROR ...
Installing Skype Failed; code 1601 The Windows Installer service could not be accessed Verify that the Windows Installer service service is properly registered

Have tried to Check it all Unregister , and register again, Restart ,... But NOTHING helps.
I think there must be a Tel Number where to get assistance In the US or in Luxemburg ?
Last time I got the Tel of Luxemburg but the webpage is Gone ...to find it back ?
Does anybody know the tel Nr of Skype ? Service department ?
Thanks in advance ! Werner

Gent19
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 31 of 44 (282 Views)

Gent19 wrote:

Hello Dear members,
I have tried to UPDATE to the Last version,....
Is downloading ! wauw a real suprise ... But then came the Problem....
Can't install .... Seems to give a ERROR ...
Installing Skype Failed; code 1601 The Windows Installer service could not be accessed Verify that the Windows Installer service service is properly registered

Have tried to Check it all Unregister , and register again, Restart ,... But NOTHING helps.
I think there must be a Tel Number where to get assistance In the US or in Luxemburg ?
Last time I got the Tel of Luxemburg but the webpage is Gone ...to find it back ?
Does anybody know the tel Nr of Skype ? Service department ?
Thanks in advance ! Werner

Have you recently installed System Mechanic application?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6562
Message 32 of 44 (277 Views)

Hi!
I've got similar problem - Skype forced me to install newest version, and then my webcam became invisible for Skype. I've tried to install special version of Skype for older https://support.skype.com/pl/faq/FA12252/dlaczego-nie-moge-nawiazywac-rozmow-wideo-w-najnowszej-wers... 

and it worked for couple of weeks, but few days ago Skype decide not to let me log in! (because of old version of Skype!) - I've got no idea what can I do now :/

Escpecially that Skype says they don't want do to anything :
https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12252/why-can-t-i-make-video-calls-on-the-latest-version-of-skype...

Any ideas?

Helgrind
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 33 of 44 (265 Views)

No Sir , I didn't install System Mechanic at all.
I use Iobit Pro, and Never got a problem.
Strange thing is ,... Other Programs Give NO problem at all to Install.
So it must be something in Skype ! for sure..
What ? Who knows ? .... Guess there is No way out ...
I have tried already everything , I guess,...But Nothing helps...
Perhaps there is somewhere a solution? ....
Question is Where to find a SKYPE program that Works and install without giving ERRORS

Any Idea .... Please let me know
Warm Regards, Werner

Gent19
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 34 of 44 (244 Views)

Gent19 wrote:

No Sir , I didn't install System Mechanic at all.
I use Iobit Pro, and Never got a problem.
Strange thing is ,... Other Programs Give NO problem at all to Install.
So it must be something in Skype ! for sure..
What ? Who knows ? .... Guess there is No way out ...
I have tried already everything , I guess,...But Nothing helps...
Perhaps there is somewhere a solution? ....
Question is Where to find a SKYPE program that Works and install without giving ERRORS

Any Idea .... Please let me know
Warm Regards, Werner

Try this Lessmsi method:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/Impossible-to-install-v6-13-0-104-Error-1603/m-...

Be aware that if you want to install the currently latest 6.18.0.106 version, then you should use this msi-installer link in order to extract the Skype.exe and Login.cab files:

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.18.0.106.msi

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 35 of 44 (227 Views)

I just want to add my voice to this really annoying issue!

I've been using Skype for years, rarely had a problem.  Current hardware configuration has been used for about 2 years with no issues.

Updated to Skype 6.18.59.106 about a week ago (or perhaps a slightly earlier version was responsible, as I hadn't tried to make a video call for a couple of weeks, but have used lots of voice calls with my subscription, so can't be sure?).  My video freezes up completely at connection for a Video call (no other software changes made to my computer), even though it works fine in the Video Options menu under Skype Options and the video image shows normally until the moment of connection when it freezes completely.  It also functions normally with all other programs that use the webcam.

I'm using a Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 in Windows 7 Ultimate 64 with the latest updates installed etc.  System is using DirectX 11, which all checks out using DxDiag.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

HKG_Hornet
Novel Adventurer
Message 36 of 44 (216 Views)

HKG_Hornet wrote:

I just want to add my voice to this really annoying issue!

I've been using Skype for years, rarely had a problem.  Current hardware configuration has been used for about 2 years with no issues.

Updated to Skype 6.18.59.106 about a week ago (or perhaps a slightly earlier version was responsible, as I hadn't tried to make a video call for a couple of weeks, but have used lots of voice calls with my subscription, so can't be sure?).  My video freezes up completely at connection for a Video call (no other software changes made to my computer), even though it works fine in the Video Options menu under Skype Options and the video image shows normally until the moment of connection when it freezes completely.  It also functions normally with all other programs that use the webcam.

I'm using a Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 in Windows 7 Ultimate 64 with the latest updates installed etc.  System is using DirectX 11, which all checks out using DxDiag.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

c920 works perfectly well on my Windows 7 and the latest 6.18 Skype version.

What is your upload speed? You can test it on this website:

http://speedtest.net

If you want to opload DxDiag diagnostics result, then you can do this on the Windows forum:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/bd-p/Windows

Note that you will have to zip the diagnostics file before attaching it to your post.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 37 of 44 (210 Views)

Connection Speeds.png

Thanks for your reply.

Speed is not an issue. See image above (Optical Fibre in Hong Kong ... the network is fast).

dxdiag runs without isssue, no problems found:

Time of this report: 8/14/2014, 09:18:08
Machine name: (CENSORED)
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 05/14/14 20:53:24 Ver: 49.01
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3960X CPU @ 3.30GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 32706MB RAM
Page File: 8807MB used, 23897MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Display Tab 2: No problems found.
Display Tab 3: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Sound Tab 3: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

Good for you that it runs on your system.  However, it no longer does on mine.  

The only thing that has changed is the skype version.  With respect, I've been using Skype since it came out in the late 90s ... I think I can tell when Skype is involved to some extent in the problems experienced.  A dismissive "well it works on mine" is not particularly helpful.

HKG_Hornet
Novel Adventurer
Message 38 of 44 (170 Views)

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure why you decided to post only an excerpt vs. the whole thing.  That provides very little information towards a possible solution.  Skype is tested against the latest drivers and updates but it is far from being infallible.  In the past two years my ISP alone has changed out its own hardware and upgraded it firmware several times regardless of my home configuration.  I also have run updates on my computer and installed things as it didn't remain lifeless in my closet.  Things change whether you proactively see them or not.  I find it hard to believe "nothing has changed" as even I can't make that claim.  Even if only Skype has changed, sometimes you have to acclimate to those changes because the client may not interact well with software or a configuration that my be present on your machine that worked in previous releases.  I can't even see if you are running a resolution higher than 1080p as that may be a possible issue.  Providing more information would be helpful.  Piecemealing information is going to make it difficult in determining where the problem may lie, even if it is solely in Skype.

At times major changes are made to Skype.  Do you happen to know the last version you ran that did not have difficulty on your machine?

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 1305
Message 39 of 44 (155 Views)

helloo my skype webcam is not working n i m not getting any solution please solve asap

ankur1503
Novel Tourist
Message 40 of 44 (134 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling