Skype says I have a low speed connection for video...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Skype says I have a low speed connection for video??

Yet I have 60mb download and 6mb upload, closed all programmes and it still doesn't work.

Even when I go to settings, it recognises the cam but automatically freezes.

Tested my cam from the desktop and works perfectly fine.

Has worked fine for the last 3 years, now suddenly it won't work.

Tried with 3 people all with decent download speed, not downloading/uploading at the time, same problem.

Dynosaw
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (540 Views)

Re: Skype says I have a low speed connection for video??

I'm not sure what you mean by freezes?  The video feed freezes or the camera doesn't work at all?  The call technical detail should give you some insight as to where the problem may be.  You might want to try making sure both parties are running the same version you are.  There could also be an issue with a specific version of Skype and your camera.

To resolve connection issues you can try disabling uPnP and 80/443 in Skype settings.  On your router you can try forwarding UDP/TCP ports 1024-65535 or DMZ the IP of your computer.  If you use a software firewall make sure Skype is allowed.  You can also bypass your router in case it's not operating correctly (might require a reset/reload).  Your contacts can configure themselves in a similar fashion as well.  This increases the chance of you having a UDP connection to your parties without relays to ensure the highest quality and usage of your bandwidth.

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1440
Message 2 of 4 (501 Views)

[ Edited ]

Deleted post.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6916
Message 3 of 4 (468 Views)

To the OP, can you confirm the brand of webcam? Logitech by chance?

I'm new! I know Windows!
MrWindows
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 4 (421 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling