Skype can't detect sound card

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype can't detect sound card

Skype was working just fine previously when making a video call (could hear the other person well - no problems.) Then I stopped using the monitor stereo speakers and installed desktop speakers.

Wasn't happy with them and uninstalled them about a day or two later. When I tried to make a video call again (after choosing monitor speakers again under the pc control panel - sounds and audio devices, also tried to choose monitor stereo speakers in Skype but didn't see this option) - there was no sound - even on the Skype test.

So I tried "check settings" and saw under speaker - "can't detect your sound card". Under adjust speaker settings there's no speaker suggestions at all - it just says none.

I also cancelled the speaker setting on SoundMAX digital integrated audio under the control panel.

I have rebooted the system but still the same problem!

oo
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 2 (1,852 Views)

Re: Skype can't detect sound card

I'v sorted out the problem. Sorry for the inconvenience!
oo
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 2 (1,847 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling