Re: RTX dualphone 3088

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

RTX dualphone 3088

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I was browsing through the messages related to this specific hardware but could only find a partial solution for my problems.

I have a base station + dual handset RTX 3088. I had two distinct problems:

1) one of the handsets simply doesn't produce any sound (keys, ringtones, etc)

2) the other handset seems to be working fine, but sporadically, when off the base it simply powers off.

To solve number (2) a simple battery replacement seemed to do the trick. I'm still trying to solve number (1). A new RTX 3088 (single handset) seems to come with a new base station, which I don't need. Will this phone work with my existing base station?
I was wondering if someone can confirm this.

Also, Skype doesn't seem to sell this older model ( RTX 3088 ), they're now pushing the 4088. Can I get one of those? I.e. will it work in my existing dualset scenario?

thanks.

zemariacp
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 9 (1,337 Views)

Hi zemariacp,

the RTX 3088 is also available as handset only. For example here: http://www.amazon.com/electronics/dp/B000OYN67Q

It will work fine with your existing station.

I am also interested weather the 4088 handset will work with the 3088 station.

Is anyone here to give us an answer on that?

LG

Tom

TomFon
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 9 (955 Views)

I personally don't think so, but one never knows.  You might want to pose that question to their support and see what they have to say.

http://dualphone.net/en/information/online_support/

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 801
Message 3 of 9 (931 Views)

Can someone tell me what voltage AAA batterys will keep my rtx3088 alive, i just got some new .rechargables AAA ,but my phone still powers off when i take it off the cradle.  The voltage on the new AAA  batterys is 1.2v x 2.    I have checked them with a meter and they are full power.

horse7
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 9 (793 Views)

[ Edited ]

The 4088 takes:

AAA; rechargable; type Ni-MH; 1,2V; 600 MAH

Hope this helps.  I would imagine the 3088 and 4088 would take the same size

payoung3108
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 9 (781 Views)

[ Edited ]

Many times the batteries supplied by the manufacturers just meet the requirements, they are purchased in bulk and are either of low quality or dying by the time they reach you.  Standard non-rechargeables are 1.5V.  The NiMH AAA batteries used in most rechargeables are 1.2 Volts.  While Volts are important, Amperage (Current) is just as important.  Even if the Voltage is fine, the current may not be.  Make sure the batteries you purchase are NiMH AAA @ 600mAH or above.  You should be able to find Rayovac, Philips, Energizer and Duracell at your local store ranging from 800-1000+mAh.  The higher the current rating the longer the charge time (minus) and talk time (plus).  You may want to clean the contacts in the battery compartment with some alcohol or electric contact cleaner to ensure there isn't and battery acid or other residue impeding the flow.

Some NiMH batteries come pre-charged, but they still sit on the shelf and lose power, to ensure the batteries are at their peak you can always charge them in a separate slow/trickle charger for around 12 hours or let them charge in the base station for at least that long as well.  I do not recommend quick charging them.

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Message 6 of 9 (776 Views)

I have NiMH AAA @ 1000mAH ,but still power only for a short while,on fully charged batteries.

horse7
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 9 (749 Views)

Generally speaking it can only be the batteries, the charger, or the handset itself.  If you believe the batteries are good  and you already tried charging them in a separate charger, then the only thing left is the handset itself.  If the handset is not corroded from any acid then the phone may have developed some weak solder joints or there is some other defect (possibly a bad onboard capacitor or other power component). I personally drop my normal phones from time to time and I have yet to break them.  I'm not confident an RTX device could stand up to the same abuse.

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Message 8 of 9 (704 Views)

3088 & 4088 are I'm led to believe are not interchangeable as the charging voltage is different but I see no reason you can't pair them both to the same base or if it doesn't work use 2 bases, you'd just need 2 network ports and mains sockets.

Apologies if stating the obvious:

The tones - have you checked through to see if they're set and the volume is up ?

Additional handsets come with just a charging base not the main unit. You can pair if I remember rightly 4 handsets to one unit.

Hope that helps.

confuddled
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 13
Message 9 of 9 (237 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling