Re: RTX Dualphone 3088 Problem

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wow what a relief. I thought I was the only one having this issue. Good to see it's not isolated and everyone else is having same issue.

Problem started from yesterday. Suddenly could not sign in to Skype from the phone. All day and even now still can't sign in. Tried resetting device, rebooting router etc etc still nothing.

Crazy. I am trying to install 245 firmware to see if that resolves the issue, stay tuned.

0 Kudos
MeissnerMgt
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 11 of 23 (2,055 Views)

Problem signing in this whole evening - managed too get in once after unpluging everything inclusing ethernet cable but later it started showing connecting all the time again but contacts were still viewable. Something not good. Please post when Skype fixes this.

I alos have a handset which owers off sometimes when i press a button or pick it up - it is definately baterries because when i put same bateries into another handset the problem transfer to it without fail. The batteries are from maplin - big shame they overcharge you for such a bad quality things.

0 Kudos
RTX3088
Novel Adventurer
Message 12 of 23 (2,051 Views)

downgraded to 245 firmware and still nothing, cant sign in...

0 Kudos
MeissnerMgt
Casual Adventurer
Message 13 of 23 (2,047 Views)

same here. Tried downgrading to 245 then back to 250, reset, everything off for an hour still nothing.

Windows PC works fine just the RTX3088 doing it (both handsets)

This appears to be a Skype problem as it is effecting so many people, wonder if it has anything to do with MS owning Skype and RTX phone not using Windows :happy:

0 Kudos
AndyM
Novel Adventurer
Message 14 of 23 (2,040 Views)

just engaged in a live chat session with Skype Support

they are aware of the problem and are working hard to fix it ASAP

Pedrito R. says,
I am sorry for the inconvenience. We are aware of this problem and are working hard on fixing it as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience that this may cause.
It's also an issue with other handsets too not just the RTX
0 Kudos
MeissnerMgt
Casual Adventurer
Message 15 of 23 (2,026 Views)

bumb
0 Kudos
MeissnerMgt
Casual Adventurer
Message 16 of 23 (2,012 Views)

I reported yesterday 12th March that the 3088 was ok, well I am afraid it's not. It's still messing around, as I live in Spain I rely on this 100% for my long distance calls, there is still something wrong. It has worked but only intermittently. I am sure somebody is working on this but it has not been working now 1 Day.

It did log on briefly this morning but again not working.

I really don't know what update has been done but it needs to be undone quickly and only updated again when the update has been tested.

Not good enough, come on Guys sort this out please 

0 Kudos
mike_hornett
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 17 of 23 (2,001 Views)

Hi all,

If its any help I got the following eMail from RTX about the problem

Please be informed that Skype users in certain regions may have sign-in problem using Dualphone 3088.  Skype is currently checking their servers.  And we are waiting for their further update.

You can click this link to view Skype’s announcement: http://heartbeat.skype.com/2012/03/skype_certified_phones_login_p.html

Best regards,

Canny Chan

Customer Support Officer

RTX Products Hong Kong Ltd

Let's all hope this gets resolved quickly, otherwise compensation from Skype ???

0 Kudos
mike_hornett
Casual Adventurer
Message 18 of 23 (1,993 Views)

Hi All from Sunny Spain.

Time 15:04 hrs Date 13th March my phone is able to make calls, it's missing balance and call history so we are getting somewhere. Thanks to who ever is sorting this.

0 Kudos
mike_hornett
Casual Adventurer
Message 19 of 23 (1,971 Views)

hi can i ask rest  the rtx on reset whent through all the motions then came to sign into skype using the correct name and password and just says unable to connect.

tried to update firmware unable to connect how do you reset to previouse date ??

any help apprecaited

0 Kudos
georgia30
Novel Tourist
Message 20 of 23 (1,873 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling