RTX DUALphone 4088 Skype and Landline Phone

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

RTX DUALphone 4088 Skype and Landline Phone

Hi everyone,

I am looking at purchasing the RTX Dualphone 4088 so I can receive Skype calls with the Skype number I purchased.

Can I use this phone only for Skype? Meaning, when I set it up, can I plug it to my router only (and not on the phone line)?

Kind Regards

Accepted Solution

by techfreak

I don't own one but in the manual in the later half of the document it states that a land line isn't a requirement to use the phone where earlier it states it is.  It's only really required if you want to use ALL the features the phone has to offer.  Lack of one, won't stop the phone from functioning.

http://dualphone.net/web/files/DUALphone-4088-User-Manual-v13.pdf

View solution in original post
Flambe
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 6 (902 Views)

Re: RTX DUALphone 4088 Skype and Landline Phone

I don't own one but in the manual in the later half of the document it states that a land line isn't a requirement to use the phone where earlier it states it is.  It's only really required if you want to use ALL the features the phone has to offer.  Lack of one, won't stop the phone from functioning.

http://dualphone.net/web/files/DUALphone-4088-User-Manual-v13.pdf

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 829
Message 2 of 6 (873 Views)

Many thanks techfreak.

I received it today, tested it without the landline cable and it does work :bigsmile:

Flambe
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 6 (819 Views)

Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 10383
Message 4 of 6 (545 Views)

Don't buy Rtx dualphone 4088. I bought it and doesn't work. I'm not the only one, there are tons of peeps with same problem. First problem is that the phone is a terrible product. If you take a look on some forums you'll see a lot of problems. Second and worst problem is that nobody will help you to solve the problem. It's almost 2 mounth that i'm tryin to fix my problem but nothing. Skype tells me to contact Dualphone, Dualphone tells me to contact Rtx. Rtx simply doesn't bother about me. No one wants take in charge the problem. I'm really disappointed with Skype. I bought from his e-shop the broken phone and Skype should take charge about it. You sell it, you fix it should be. Not spend my life writing mails around the world try to fix a problem you made.

I'm thinkin about a class action 'cause there are really a lot of peeps with same issue. If there is already one just tell me.

tonikhan
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 6 (654 Views)

Hi,

you can plug in either a network cable for SKYPE or a landline (for calls using local landline) or both. Both features will be available in parallel. We do it like this for several years now and except for some seldom periods were (only) SKYPE for unknown reasons stops working for a while, it works very well.

Maria

maliya01
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 6 (539 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling